Subject: [salud] Editorial improvements to draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-14

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 20:28:57 -0500

[as an author]

Here are a couple of editorial items I think could be improved.  The
first is a simple typo.  The second is changing the numbering of
sections.  What do people think?

Item 1:

   9.1.2.  Initial IANA Registration

   This document defines the <alert-category>s 'service', 'source',
   'priority', 'duration', 'delay' and 'locale'.  The entries to be
   added to the Alert URN Identifiers 'registry table' for each <alert-
   category> are given in the respective sections below.

One pair of quotes are misplaced; it should say "'Alert URN
Identifiers' registry table".

Item 2:

Currently, section 9 is organized this way:

   9.  IANA Considerations
     9.1.  URN namespace identifier "alert"
       9.1.1.  'Alert URN Identifiers' Registry
       9.1.2.  Initial IANA Registration
	 9.1.2.1.  The "service" <alert-category> and <alert-identifier>s
	 9.1.2.2.  The "source" <alert-category> and <alert-identifier>s
	 9.1.2.3.  The "priority" <alert-category> and <alert-identifier>s
	 9.1.2.4.  The "duration" <alert-category> and <alert-identifier>s
	 9.1.2.5.  The "delay" <alert-category> and <alert-identifier>s
	 9.1.2.6.  The "locale" <alert-category> and <alert-identifier>s
     9.2.  'Alert URN Providers' Registry

Section 9.1 specifies the registrion of the "alert" namespace.
Sections 9.1.1 and 9.1.2 and their descendants specify the alert
identifiers registry.  Section 9.2 specified the alert providers
registry.

Putting the alert identifiers registry under 9.1 seems incorrect to
me.  I think we want to reorganize the sections in this way:

   9.  IANA Considerations
     9.1.  URN namespace identifier "alert"
     9.2.  'Alert URN Identifiers' Registry
       9.2.1.  Initial IANA Registration
	 9.2.1.1.  The "service" <alert-category> and <alert-identifier>s
	 9.2.1.2.  The "source" <alert-category> and <alert-identifier>s
	 9.2.1.3.  The "priority" <alert-category> and <alert-identifier>s
	 9.2.1.4.  The "duration" <alert-category> and <alert-identifier>s
	 9.2.1.5.  The "delay" <alert-category> and <alert-identifier>s
	 9.2.1.6.  The "locale" <alert-category> and <alert-identifier>s
     9.3.  'Alert URN Providers' Registry

There are a few references to these sections that would have to be
renumbered.

Dale

---

From: Laura Liess <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 16:02:29 +0100

Dale,

I agree with both items.

Laura

2014-11-21 2:28 GMT+01:00 Dale R. Worley <[email-masked]>:

> _______________________________________________
> salud mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/salud
>