Subject: [salud] RFC 7462 on URNs for the Alert-Info Header Field of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 09:09:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7462

        Title:      URNs for the Alert-Info Header 
                    Field of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     L. Liess, Ed.,
                    R. Jesske, A. Johnston,
                    D. Worley, P. Kyzivat
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      46
        Characters: 97730
        Updates:    RFC 3261

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-salud-alert-info-urns-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7462

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) supports the capability to
provide a reference to a specific rendering to be used by the User
Agent (UA) as an alerting signal (e.g., a ring tone or ringback tone)
when the user is alerted.  This is done using the Alert-Info header
field.  However, the reference (typically a URL) addresses only a
specific network resource with specific rendering properties.  There
is currently no support for standard identifiers for describing the
semantics of the alerting situation or the characteristics of the
alerting signal, without being tied to a particular rendering.  To
overcome these limitations and support new applications, a new family
of URNs for use in Alert-Info header fields (and situations with
similar requirements) is defined in this specification.

This document normatively updates RFC 3261, which defines the Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP).  It changes the usage of the Alert-Info
header field defined in RFC 3261 by additionally allowing its use in
any non-100 provisional response to INVITE.  This document also
permits proxies to add or remove an Alert-Info header field and to
add or remove Alert-Info header field values.

This document is a product of the Sip ALerting for User Devices Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 17:44:21 -0400

TA DA!!!

Special thanks to Dale, who did all the heavy lifting on this one.

	Thanks,
	Paul