Subject: RE: a dedicated SASL WG

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:15:00 -0800

At 10:02 AM 3/12/01 -0800, Paul Leach wrote:
>I've heard of no redeisign for SASL-GSS. What are the issues?

See http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-sasl-gssapi-02.txt

Even if this work makes no substantive change to the existing
SASL/GSSAPI mechanism, I note that SASL/GSSAPI cannot be
progressed immediately due to other standard track maturity issues
(GSSAPI is currently at Proposed).  Though I believe GSSAPI
mechanism work should continue, I'd prefer to treat GSSAPI work
as secondary to a primary goal of getting SASL and other
select mechanisms to Draft Standard status.

Kurt

---

From: "Raif S. Naffah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 04:38:14 +1100

hi there,

a new release of the cryptix SASL library is available for download from 
<http://www.cryptix.org/products/sasl/index.html>.

the library includes an implementation of the Java language bindings 
described in draft-weltman-java-sasl-04.txt. it also includes 
implementations of the following mechanisms:

* ANONYMOUS (RFC 2245)
* CRAM-MD5 (RFC 2195)
* PLAIN (RFC 2595)
* SRP (draft-burdis-cat-srp-sasl-04.txt)
* SM2 (draft-naffah-cat-sasl-sm2-00.txt)

cheers;
rsn

---

From: "Raif S. Naffah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 04:38:14 +1100

hi there,

* ANONYMOUS (RFC 2245)
* CRAM-MD5 (RFC 2195)
* PLAIN (RFC 2595)

cheers;
rsn