Subject: Re: SASL GSSAPI to IETF Last Call

From: John Gardiner Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 13:51:50 -0700

Alexey Melnikov wrote:
> A sentence saying that "other flags MAY be specified" will make me happy.

I added a second paragraph to section 6:

The implementation MAY set any GSSAPI flags or arguments not mentioned
in htis specification as is necessary for the implementation ot enforce
its security policy.

> Because some GSSAPI implementations support only replay detection, but not sequencing.

Really?  Which ones?  Sequencing is trival to implement on top of
integrity protection.  It's far easier than replay detection.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 19:23:02 -0600

> in htis specification as is necessary for the implementation ot enforce

"this"

> its security policy.

Great.

> integrity protection.  It's far easier than replay detection.

I've double checked with GSSAPI author and he said that sequencing is supposed to be
superset of replay detection. So I withdraw my objection.

__________________________________________
Alexey Melnikov - Software Developer
Research and Development
ACI Worldwide (formerly MessagingDirect Ltd.)
phone           780.424.4922 x357
__________________________________________
I don't represent the opinion of TSA/ACI!
__________________________________________

---

From: John Gardiner Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 13:51:50 -0700

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 19:23:02 -0600

"this"

Great.