Subject: SASL in HTTP

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 01:35:55 -0600

There are two drafts available now:
1).
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-burdis-http-sasl-00.txt, it
uses HTTP upgrade mechanism, the same way HTTP TLS upgrade works.
2).
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nystrom-http-sasl-00.txt,
it extends WWW-Authenticate/Proxy-Authenticate headers.

Assuming there is an interest in HTTP SASL profile (i.e. vendors are
going to implement it), I would like to discuss idea with authors of
both drafts during IETF meeting. Whoever is interested, please send me
an email. If there is enough interest I will post message to SASL
mailing list with information when and where to meet.

Alexey Melnikov
__________________________________________
R & D, ACI Worldwide (formerly MessagingDirect Ltd.)
phone 780.424.4922 x357

I speak for myself only, not for my employer.
__________________________________________