Subject: NTLM authentication documentation

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:01:18 -0400

Resurrecting a badly beaten horse...

Is there any interest in having NTLM authentication (as a SASL mech and 
possibly as an HTTP mech) documented as an Informational RFC?  I believe 
I have enough existing documentation (Eric Glass' 
http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html being the best) and enough 
implementation experience writing the CMU SASL NTLM plugin to write a 
fairly complete document.

I would probably use Eric's documentation of the message formats and 
the algorithms for the password hashes from Paul Leach's CIFS draft.

I'm especially interested in hearing from the Microsoft folks w.r.t. any 
IPR problems.  Since Paul has already made the algorithms available in 
an I-D, I guess the only outstanding issue would be the message formats.

-- 
Kenneth Murchison     Oceana Matrix Ltd.
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
--PGP Public Key--    http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp