Subject: RE: plain and login not working

From: "Jeff Stephenson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:23:21 -0700

As Kurt says, this has nothing to do with this group.  However, I'd
point out that many servers will not advertise either PLAIN or LOGIN
unless you're using a secure connection.  Since the server obviously
supports TLS, I'd suggest securing the connection with that, at which
point you'll probably see the plaintext SASL mechanisms in response to
an EHLO.

-- jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Kurt D. Zeilenga
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 10:47 PM
To: RYAN vAN GINNEKEN
Cc: ietf-sasl
Subject: Re: plain and login not working

At 11:59 PM 8/18/2004, RYAN vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
>This is a thread i started in postfix users but think it would be on
topic at this group too.

Not sure why you think this topic is appropriate for this list.
This list is for undertaking the work of the IETF SASL Working Group, a
work chartered to engineer SASL technical specifications.
So, unless you have a issue with a particular technical specification
which we are charged to engineer, the discussion should likely be held
on lists specific to SASL implementations you are experience problems
with.

Regards, Kurt
IETF SASL WG co-chair

>The output of my telnet session is like below and contains NO!!!!!
entry for PLAIN or LOGIN. Please keep reading this mail as i have
answered all of the questions asked by Paterick.
>EHLO computerking.ca
>250-mail1.computerking.ca
>250-PIPELINING
>250-SIZE 10240000
>250-VRFY
>250-ETRN
>250-STARTTLS
>250-XVERP
>250 8BITMIME

---

From: RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 03:02:48 -0600

Thanks and sorry for the off topic post

---

From: RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 03:02:48 -0600