Subject: 2005 Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS '05)

From: Karen Seo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 00:13:09 -0500

** My apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message. **

                ANNOUNCING THE INTERNET SOCIETY'S
2005 NETWORK AND DISTRIBUTED SYSTEM SECURITY SYMPOSIUM (NDSS'05)

February 2, 2005 - Pre Conference Workshop
February 3-4, 2005 - Symposium
Catamaran Resort Hotel, San Diego, California
General Chair:  Eric Harder, National Security Agency
Program co-Chairs: Dan Simon, Microsoft Research
		   Dan Boneh, Stanford University

ONLINE INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION: http://www.isoc.org/ndss05/

     The 12th annual NDSS Symposium brings together innovative and
     forward thinking members of the Internet community including
     leading edge security researchers and implementers, globally
     recognized security technology experts, and users from both
     the private and public sectors who design, develop, exploit,
     and deploy the technologies that define network and distributed
     system security.

     NDSS'05 provides a balanced mix of technical papers (with a
     strong emphasis on implementation) that cover new and practical
     approaches to security problems that are endemic to network and
     distributed systems. 

THIS YEAR'S TOPICS INCLUDE:
	* Cryptography in Network Security
	* Denial of Service Attacks,
	* Peer to Peer Approaches
	* Internet Defense
	* Intrusion Detection
	* Platform Security.

FEATURED GUEST SPEAKER:
	* Amit Yoran, who was responsible for coordinating cyber-security
           activities for Homeland Security, will speak on "Security
           Challenges and Opportunities of the Future Enterprise"

PRE CONFERENCE WORKSHOP TOPICS INCLUDE:
	* Security in handling mobility on the internet
	* Security in wireless LANs
	* Security for telephony or voice over IP
	* Trust relations in ad hoc networks
	* Key management strategies to support mobility
	* Security in RFID.
      More information is available at:
         http://www.isoc.org/isoc/conferences/ndss/05/workshop.shtml
      Parties interested in submitting papers should see the above
         web page for directions

REGISTER EARLY FOR BEST PRICING
      Registration for NDSS'05 is now open. Student rates are available
      for both the workshop and symposium. See the web site for more
      information -- http://www.isoc.org/ndss05/  Registration fees:
	*  November 31, 2004-January 10, 2005   $625.
	*  After January 10, 2005               $695.

SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE!
      If your organization would like to help support NDSS and gain
      visibility through sponsoring, please contact:
      [email-masked].  Information is also available at   
      http://www.isoc.org/ndss05/

Karen Seo
NDSS'05 Publicity Chair