Subject: Re: updated charter proposal

From: Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:05:53 -0800

On Nov 3, 2007, at 10:11 AM, Alexey Melnikov wrote:

> Frank Ellermann wrote:
>
>> And I vaguely recall that there were three drafts in the
>> direction of "apr1" and "digest-md5 replacement", SCRAM
>> + HEXA + YAP.  Apparently the proposed charter only covers
>> the future SCRAM + HEXA union, what about YAP ?
>>
> The author of the YAP mechanism was not convinced that this should  
> be a WG document.

The more I think about YAP the more I think it should be viewed as  
experimental.  I see no reason to burden the WG with this experiment.   
I intend to change the intended category to Experimental in the next  
revision.

> As people have interest in reviewing the document (so it seems), it  
> doesn't make much difference if it is a WG document or not.

Right.

-- Kurt (not wearing any particular hat)