Subject: Updating SASLprep

From: Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 23:54:34 +0100

In the context of discussing our charter update, I'd like to discuss  
(during our IETF#72 session and on list) the need to update SASLprep  
[RFC4013] (and stringprep) and how the such work should be done (e.g.,  
within SASL WG, some other WG, and/or an individual basis).

I would like to see SASLprep (and stringprep) revised to be Unicode- 
version agile (as opposed to tied to a particular version of Unicode).

-- Kurt

---

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 03:12:46 +0200

Kurt Zeilenga wrote:

> I would like to see SASLprep (and stringprep) revised to be
> Unicode-version agile (as opposed to tied to a particular
> version of Unicode).

Definitely a MUST have, but it could make sense to wait what
IDNAbis will do (this work is supposed to be ready this year).

 Frank

---

From: Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:52:02 +0100

> IDNAbis will do (this work is supposed to be ready this year).

I think it did make sense to wait for IDNAbis to get far enough along  
to under its impact upon stringprep and non-nameprep profiles of  
stringprep.  IDNAbis is now far enough along....

-- Kurt