Subject: Clarification regarding "I believe there is consensus within the WG" CRAM-MD5 statements

From: Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:57:44 -0700

On or about Aug 11 2008, I posted a number of statements regarding my  
beliefs about WG consensus of the WG regarding a number of issues  
concerning draft-ietf-sasl-crammd5.   The intent of these statements  
was to test my beliefs in preparation for subsequently taking action  
to declare WG consensus and close discussions on these issues.

I purposely made this a two-step process [1) state belief 2) declaring  
consensus/closing discussions] since my beliefs were based, in part,  
on discussions that took place long ago and I felt it appropriate to  
provide yet another opportunity for discussion the technical issue and/ 
or to state one's own beliefs regarding WG consensus.

In the next few days I intend to take action regarding these issues.   
These actions may include, but in no way limited to, declaring  
consensus (not necessarily consistent with my previously stated  
beliefs) and closing discussions regarding the issue.

Any additional input (sent to the WG list, or directly to me) received  
before I take action will be considered in the decision to take that  
action.

-- Kurt