Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-sasl-digest-to-historic-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Simple Authentication and Security Layer Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Moving DIGEST-MD5 to Historic
	Author(s)       : A. Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sasl-digest-to-historic-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2008-07-29

This memo describes problems with the DIGEST-MD5 Simple
Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) mechanism as specified in
RFC 2831.  It recommends that DIGEST-MD5 to be marked as OBSOLETE in
the IANA Registry of SASL mechanisms, and that RFC 2831 be moved to
Historic status.

Note

A revised version of this draft document will be submitted to the RFC
editor as a Proposed Standard for the Internet Community.  Discussion
and suggestions for improvement are requested, and should be sent to
[email-masked].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sasl-digest-to-historic-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt