Subject: [SAVA] Invitation to SAVA BoF

From: miw at juniper.net (Mark Williams)
Date: Sun Mar 18 18:00:24 2007

Greetings. There will be a BoF here in Prague that might be of interest to
you. SAVA (Source Address Validation Architecture) will be meeting Monday
  afternoon at 1pm to discuss our charter and, if that goes well, 
requirements
for the framework for solutions for SAVA.

The aim of the SAVA in a nutshell is to develop a framework for 
effective measures against source address spoofing in the IPv6 Internet 
that can have some effect even if only a portion of the IPv6 Internet 
applies them. Once the framework is developed, effective solution work 
can be completed. (But see below for details of proof of concept 
solution work as well.)

Agenda is at:
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07mar/agenda/sava.txt
Draft Charter is at:
http://www.arkko.com/publications/ietf-68/sava/charter.txt

Drafts are at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sava-problem-statement-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-sava-framework-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-sava-testbed-experience-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-sava-solution-e2e-ipv6-00.txt

General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: http://www.nrc.tsinghua.edu.cn/mailman/listinfo/sava
Mailing List Archive: http://www.nrc.tsinghua.edu.cn/pipermail/sava/
Document Repository: http://narl.tsinghua.edu.cn/sava

--Mark Williams

---

From: yoshfuji at linux-ipv6.org (YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / 吉藤英明)
Date: Tue Mar 20 19:08:58 2007

In article <[email-masked]> (at Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:25:41 +0000), Tim Chown <[email-masked]> says:

> I also tried to subscribe via the web page, but have received no
> acknowledgement yet.
:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 06:12:39PM +0900, Ruri Hiromi wrote:
> > Hello,
> > 
> > I tried to subscribe SAVA mailing list but in vain, because of  
> > reachability to mail server at tsinghua.edu.cn.(I got "destination  
> > administratively prohibited")
> > 
> > IPv4 could get there but IPv6 could not. Does this verifies that sava  
> > works fine?

really?  It works fine to me; I could try subscribing via web (from the
IETF network) and I confirmed via e-mail (client in Japan).

--yoshfuji

---

From: hiromi at inetcore.com (Ruri Hiromi)
Date: Tue Mar 20 20:10:09 2007

yeah, I know v4 works fine with the host, and if my browser is  
falling back from v6 to v4 I can reach there.

# telnet www.nrc.tsinghua.edu.cn 80
Trying 2001:da8:200:101::150...
telnet: connect to address 2001:da8:200:101::150: Host is down
Trying 166.111.8.150...
Connected to www.nrc.tsinghua.edu.cn.
Escape character is '^]'.

On 2007/03/20, at 20:08, YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / ???? wrote:

> In article <[email-masked]> (at Tue,  
> 20 Mar 2007 10:25:41 +0000), Tim Chown <[email-masked]> says:
>

-------------------------------
Ruri Hiromi
[email-masked]

---

From: hiromi at inetcore.com (Ruri Hiromi)
Date: Tue Mar 20 20:26:35 2007

My original question is what I experienced is caused by SAVA  
implementation at CERNET2?
To verify actual work of SAVA, simply see the connection failure from  
SAVA-ed network?

On 2007/03/20, at 21:09, Ruri Hiromi wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> SAVA mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.nrc.tsinghua.edu.cn/mailman/listinfo/sava

---

From: miw at juniper.net (Mark Williams)
Date: Tue Mar 20 20:50:03 2007

no it is not a result of SAVA. The SAVA testbed does not affect
production servers at this stage.

--Mark

-- 
"Product roadmap and/or product discussion in this email set forth
Juniper Networks' current intention and is subject to change at any
time without notice.  No purchases are contingent upon Juniper
Networks delivering any feature or functionality expressed or implied
in this roadmap or product discussion."
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Williams                        Juniper Networks
Liaison                              Beijing Office
Academic Networking Sector           Tel: +86 10 6528 8800 x16032
Asia Pacific                         FAX: +61 7 3251 0155
[email-masked]                      Cell: +86 1370-111-4749

---

From: hiromi at inetcore.com (Ruri Hiromi)
Date: Tue Mar 20 23:04:35 2007

Thanks for the clarification, sorry for the noise.

---

From: junbi at cernet.edu.cn (Jun Bi)
Date: Wed Mar 21 00:48:53 2007

Thank you all for your participation. I have subscribed for you.

I think the mailing-list works fine. 
A non-member can't post msg to a members-only mailing-list, please subscribe via the following web page:
http://www.nrc.tsinghua.edu.cn/mailman/listinfo/sava.

Thanks,
Jun Bi