Subject: [SAVA] Thinking simpler...

From: fergdawg at netzero.net (Fergie)
Date: Wed Mar 21 16:44:48 2007

-- Mark Williams <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Something quite similar to this was proposed as a straw-man solution for 
the access network. The proposed solution deals only with LAN networks.
>
>see section 3.3 of draft-wu-sava-testbed-experience-00.txt
>
>Like BCP38, if it were universally applied, either your solution or the 
one in the above draft would be effective. Of course, one of the key 
assumptions necessary to establish the need for SAVA or something like 
it is that we do not have universal application of edge spoofing 
protection, nor are we likely to achieve such without doing something 
away from the edge.

Perhaps in the 'first-hop validation' scheme, we should focus more on
the fact that the source address(es) are indeed validated, and focus
less on the global implication/benefit of incremental deployment? :-)

Cheers,

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 Engineering Architecture for the Internet
 fergdawg(at)netzero.net
 ferg's tech blog: http://fergdawg.blogspot.com/