Subject: [SAVA] IETF 69 update

From: miw at juniper.net (Mark Williams)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:40:22 +0800

All,

as you will know, there was no SAVA BoF at IETF 69 in Chicago, with BoF 
decision deferred to IETF 70 in Vancouver.

All the same, there was SAVA activity at IETF 69:

* 5-minute update presentation (attached) about the rescoping of SAVA to 
focus on the first-hop for potential chartering after Vancouver. In the 
main  this work would be survey of existing mechanisms, proprietary and 
standard, for IPv4 and IPv6, followed by documentation work and gap 
analysis. Where there are gaps mechanisms may be proposed to fill them. 
It could be seen as an update and extension of BCP38.

* Some meetings working on updated presentation for proposed BoF at 
Vancouver (version 0.5 attached), review and revision of the testbed 
draft with a view to publication as an experimental RFC, and the 
creation of an applicability statement based on real-world data. More on 
these later. (Anybody who has real-world data on attacks, spoofing or 
otherwise, if you are willing to have it published in an applicability 
draft, then please contact me!)

* Tentatively, and assuming that we make sufficient progress to make it 
worthwhile, we are looking at having an interim meeting in Helsinki in 
the last week of September (some time in the week of 24-28 Sep Most 
likely). Watch the list for more announcements on this.

cheers,

Mark

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Williams                        Juniper Networks
Liaison                              Beijing Office
Academic Networking Sector           Tel: +86 10 6528 8800 x16032
Asia Pacific                         FAX: +61 7 3251 0155
miw at juniper.net                      Cell: +86 1370-111-4749

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: SAVA-IETF69-v0.5.ppt
Type: application/vnd.ms-powerpoint
Size: 2692608 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mail.nrc.tsinghua.edu.cn/pipermail/sava/attachments/20070727/5c68cbee/attachment-0002.ppt 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: SAVA Update and Refocus-v4.ppt
Type: application/vnd.ms-powerpoint
Size: 23552 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mail.nrc.tsinghua.edu.cn/pipermail/sava/attachments/20070727/5c68cbee/attachment-0003.ppt