Subject: Re: [savi] Consensus call on separate documents for DHCP and SLAAC

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 17:16:45 -0700

Dear all -

Thank you for your feedback in our recent consensus call on separate
documents for DHCP and SLAAC:

> This is a consensus call on whether the SAVI working group should  
> change
> its approach towards producing separate documents for the validation  
> of
> DHCP-assigned IP source addresses and SLAAC-assigned IP source
> addresses, plus a framework document.  Please answer either "yes" or
> "no" to the following question:
>
>  Should the SAVI working group produce separate documents for DHCP-
>  assigned IP source addresses and SLAAC-assigned IP source addresses,
>  plus a framework document that describes the relationship between,  
> and
>  common principles of, the various IP address validation types?

There were 10 responses in favor of the document separation, and no
responses against it.  Based on this unequivocal result, I conclude that
the document separation is the right way forward for the SAVI working
group.  I will present this conclusion to the IESG and ask for a
corresponding adjustment of the working group milestones.  In the
meantime, the editors of our existing working group documents will work
on implementing the conclusion in the documents.

- Christian

---

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 17:17:22 -0700

Lin Tao -

It is good to have you aboard the working group.  And you are most
welcome to help working on our working group documents, such as by
reviewing and contributing text.  All other working group members are,
too.  For practical reasons, though, we have designated document editors
who hold the pen for a given document.

- Christian

On Sep 11, 2009, Lin Tao wrote:

> Dear workgroup members,
>
> I have the same idea as below. I think it's clear to describe the  
> source
> assigned process. My answer is "YES".
>
> I have worked in TCP/IP area for twelve years, and worked in IPv6 area
> for six years. I'm very interesting about it. I like the TAO of IETF.
> And I have discuss some problem in IETF'S maillist(include SAVI) for  
> one
> year.
>
> So I want to work together with the intelligent people of IETF. Could
> you let me take part in the writting of this draft? Thank you very  
> much.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> LinTao