Subject: Re: [savi] New Version Notification for draft-bi-savi-problem-03.txt

From: "Jun Bi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 17:18:10 +0800

Dear SAVI WG members,

Here is a new version of "Problem Statement of SAVI Beyond the First Hop", 
please feel free to comment.
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bi-savi-problem/.

Hope we can have a discussion at IETF84 SAVI meeting, and also discuss other 
drafts submitted to SAVI WG:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thubert-savi-ra-throttler/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shi-savi-access/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-an-savi-mib/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-savi-transition/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bi-savi-wlan/

Best Regards,
Jun Bi

-----原始邮件----- 
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:34 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-bi-savi-problem-03.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-bi-savi-problem-03.txt has been successfully 
submitted by Jun Bi and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename: draft-bi-savi-problem
Revision: 03
Title: Problem Statement of SAVI Beyond the First Hop
Creation date: 2012-05-20
WG ID: Individual Submission
Number of pages: 9

Abstract:
   IETF Source Address Validation Improvements (SAVI) working group is
   chartered for source address validation within the first hop from the
   end hosts, i.e. preventing a node from spoofing the IP source address
   of another node in the same IP link.  However, since SAVI requires
   the edge routers or switches to be upgraded, the deployment of SAVI
   will need a long time.  During this transition period, some
   techniques for source address validation beyond the first hop
   (SAVI-BF) may be needed to complement SAVI.  In the document, we
   analyze the problems of the current SAVI-BF technique, and discuss
   the directions we can explore to improve SAVI-BF.

The IETF Secretariat