Subject: [savi] RFC 6620 on FCFS SAVI: First-Come, First-Served Source Address Validation Improvement for Locally Assigned IPv6 Addresses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 12:08:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6620

        Title:      FCFS SAVI: First-Come, First-Served Source 
                    Address Validation Improvement for Locally Assigned 
                    IPv6 Addresses 
        Author:     E. Nordmark, M. Bagnulo,
                    E. Levy-Abegnoli
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 84010
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-savi-fcfs-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6620.txt

This memo describes First-Come, First-Served Source Address
Validation Improvement (FCFS SAVI), a mechanism that provides source
address validation for IPv6 networks using the FCFS principle.  The
proposed mechanism is intended to complement ingress filtering
techniques to help detect and prevent source address spoofing.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Source Address Validation Improvements Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC