Subject: [savi] Last Call: <draft-ietf-savi-send-10.txt> (SEND-based Source-Address Validation Implementation) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 09:25:41 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Source Address Validation
Improvements WG (savi) to consider the following document:
- 'SEND-based Source-Address Validation Implementation'
  <draft-ietf-savi-send-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-12-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes SEND SAVI, a mechanism to provide source address
   validation using the SEND protocol.  The proposed mechanism is
   intended to complement ingress filtering techniques to provide a
   finer granularity on the control of the source addresses used.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-savi-send/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-savi-send/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.