Subject: [savi] Protocol Action: 'SEND-based Source-Address Validation Improvement' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-savi-send-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 14:37:40 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'SEND-based Source-Address Validation Improvement'
  (draft-ietf-savi-send-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Source Address Validation
Improvements Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ted Lemon and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-savi-send/

Technical Summary:

This memo describes SEND SAVI, a mechanism to provide source address
validation using the SEND protocol. The proposed mechanism is intended to
complement ingress filtering techniques to provide a finer granularity on
the control of the source addresses used.

Working Group Summary:

There is SAVI WG consensus behind the document.

Document Quality:

This document was thoroughly reviewed by Ana Kukec, Tony Cheneau, Greg
Daley and Jean-Michel Combes.

Personnel:

The Document Shepherd is Jean-Michel Combes (jeanmichel.combes at gmail.com),
as savi WG chair.

The Responsible Area Director is Ted Lemon (ted.lemon at nominum.com)