Subject: [savi] Protocol Action: 'SAVI Solution for DHCP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-savi-dhcp-34.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 14:31:13 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'SAVI Solution for DHCP'
  (draft-ietf-savi-dhcp-34.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Source Address Validation
Improvements Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Ted Lemon.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-savi-dhcp/

Technical Summary:

This document specifies the procedure for creating a binding between a
DHCPv4/DHCPv6 assigned IP address and a binding anchor on a SAVI (Source
Address Validation Improvements) device. The bindings set up by this
procedure is used to filter out packets with forged source IP address in
DHCP scenario. This mechanism is proposed as a complement to ingress
filtering to provide finer-grained source IP address validation.

Working Group Summary:

Even though IPR have been disclosed, there is no concern from the WG to move
forward this document as Proposed Standard.

Document Quality:

This document has been thorough reviewed.

Personnel:

The document shepherd is Jean-Michel Combes ([email-masked]). The
Responsible Area Director is Ted Lemon ([email-masked])