Subject: [scap_interest] XCCDF going forward

From: "Schmidt, Charles M." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:04:54 +0000

Hello all,

Adam's original announcement specifically mentioned XCCDF 1.2.1 as something
to discuss at the upcoming side meeting. I wanted to add a few comments
along those lines.

First, NIST has a publicly accessible issue tracker where I have collected
the suggestions people have provided as to changes to the XCCDF language.
The list of open (and one re-opened) issues can be accessed here:
http://services.nvd.nist.gov/jira/browse/XCCDF#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jir
a.plugin.system.project%3Aissues-panel
(Please note this is just a public repository of raised issues. The site
does not support public discussion - we have been using the XCCDF mailing
list for that.) The issues covered in this repository range from minor
tweaks and fixes (XCCDF-93 "Make the Benchmark status property optional" and
XCCDF-83 "Reconcile 'hidden' and 'selected' properties") to items that would
significantly change the structure of the language (XCCDF-62 "Merge Value
functionality into Rules", and XCCDF-76 "XCCDF as a high-level result
aggregator"). I imagine that most of these items would be too far in the
weeds for an initial side-meeting, but I thought it might be useful to note
what sort of things the XCCDF community has been considering.

Charles