Subject: [Sdn] Fwd: [ewsdn-tpc] deadline extended

From: Didier Colle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 18:05:12 +0200

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[ewsdn-tpc] deadline extended
Date: 	Mon, 18 Jun 2012 17:36:31 +0200
From: 	Stefano Salsano <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

Dear TPC members,

we have extended the deadline, can you please forward the message below
to the relevant mailing lists?

thank you, best regards
Stefano

*** the submission deadline has been extended to June 30th ***

(please register your paper on EasyChair submission system by the
original deadline: June 20th)

European Workshop on Software Defined Networks (EWSDN-2012)

http://ewsdn.eu

The European Workshop on Software Defined Networks will be held on
October 25-26, 2012 in Darmstadt, Germany (15 minutes from Frankfurt
Airport)

*SDN*
Software Defined Networking (SDN) is emerging as a promising
architectural solution to support and foster innovation in
telecommunication networks. Several switch/router vendors are “opening”
their hardware, offering APIs to allow a “software defined” control of
the networking operations. The vitality of the SDN approach is witnessed
by the release of several SDN tools and development environments, most
of which are open sourced.

*OpenFlow*
The OpenFlow specifications, now standardized by the Open Networking
Foundation, can represent a key component in a SDN architecture, but the
SDN scope and concept is much wider than the OpenFlow APIs. In
particular there is the need of higher level SDN abstractions and higher
level SDN APIs, as the ones that should be offered to applications (e.g.
SDN “north-bound” interfaces).

*European*
What makes an SDN workshop “European”? Traditional strengths of European
research and development have been in optical transmission and wireless,
especially cellular networks. The workshop emphasizes aspects of
Software Defined Networks that come up when extending SDN 'beyond
Ethernet'. In this regard, “European” does not mean that we restrict to
a geographic scope, we welcome contribution and participation from all
over the world.

*Motivation*
One goal of the workshop is to bring together industry and academia on
the topics of SDN, in particular the workshop will feature an “industry
forum”, i.e. a session with presentations of key industrial players
(manufacturers, telecom operators, ...).

A special session will include presentation and discussion of the
highest ranked proposals to the 2nd open call of the OFELIA project
(http://www.fp7-ofelia.eu/open-calls/2nd-open-call/).

*Contributions to the workshop*
We are interested in both papers showing consolidated results and in
position papers bringing up innovative ideas. We welcome contributions
including, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Optical extensions to OpenFlow, SDN
- Wireless integration, characterization of wireless interfaces, flows,
handover support
- Evolved packet core, LTE support for OpenFlow
- New controller architectures, Application Programmer's Interfaces, SDN
“north-bound” interfaces
- Higher level SDN abstractions, APIs, object models
- New networking paradigms like Content or Information Centric Networks
(CCN/ICN) and their relation with SDN
- Carrier-grade SDN architectures and equipment
- Network Virtualization techniques based on SDN
- Practical experiments on OpenFlow / SDN based testbeds
- Identification of use cases for SDN, SDN related business models
- SDN frameworks and tools, SDN based equipment: controllers, switches,
integrated development environment, testing and debugging environment

*Workshop Proceedings*
The EWSDN Workshop proceedings will be published in IEEE Xplore.

*Important dates*
Deadline for Call for Papers (up to 6 pages, double column 10pt font):
June 30th, 2012 (Extended deadline)
Please register the paper by June 20th
Acceptance notification: July 31st, 2012
Camera ready: September 5th, 2012

*Paper submission*
EWSDN submission will be managed using the EasyChair submission system:
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ewsdn12

*Workshop registration and hotel rooms*
The registration cost for the two-day workshop is 200 € for early-birds
(4 weeks prior to the conference), 230 € regular registration, including
- electronic proceedings (published on IEEE Xplore)
- one dinner, two lunches, coffee breaks

Registration opens June 20th, 2012.

Hotel rooms at Commundo Tagungshotel Darmstadt are available for
workshop participants at the special rate of 68 € per night. In order to
receive the discounted rate, please register and we will send you
further details.

*Workshop Chair*
Hagen Woesner, EICT, Berlin, Germany

*Technical Program Committee Co-Chairs*
Juergen Quittek, NEC, Heidelberg, Germany
Stefano Salsano, Univ. Tor Vergata, Roma, Italy
Elio Salvadori, CREATE-NET, Trento, Italy

(Contact for information: [email-masked])

*Technical Program Committee*

Achim Autenrieth, ADVA, Germany
Siamak Azodolmolky, Univ. of Essex, UK
Dean Bogdanovic, Juniper Networks
Marco Canini, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
Ramon Casellas, CTTC, Barcelona, Spain
Didier Colle, IBBT - Ghent University, Belgium
Francesco De Pellegrini, CREATE-NET, Trento, Italy
Thomas Dietz, NEC, Germany
Stefano Giordano, University of Pisa, Italy
Andreas Gladisch, Deutsche Telekom Innovation Labs, Berlin, Germany
Eduardo Jacob, Basque Country University, Bilbao, Spain
Wolfgang John, Ericsson Sweden
Pawel Kaczmarek, ADVA, Poland
Holger Karl, Universität Paderborn, Germany
Eiji Kawai, NICT, Japan
Wolfgang Kellerer, DOCOMO Europe, Munich, Germany
Marc Koerner, TUB, Berlin, Germany
Teemu Koponen, Nicira Networks
Andreas Köpsel, EICT, Berlin, Germany
Alessandro Leonardi, AGT, Germany
Diego R. Lopez, Telefonica
Antonio Manzalini, Telecom Italia
Ruben Merz, Telekom Innovation Laboratories&  TU Berlin, Germany
Giacomo Morabito, Univ. of Catania / CNIT, Catania, Italy
Akihiro Nakao, University of Tokio, Japan
Reza Nejabati, Univ. of Essex, UK
Bernhard Plattner, ETH, Zurich, Switzerland
Stefano Previdi, CISCO, San Jose, USA
Robert Raszuk, NTT MCL
Roberto Riggio, CREATE-NET, Trento, Italy
Charalampos Rotsos, University of Cambridge, UK
Rob Sherwood, Big Switch Networks
Pontus Skoldström, ACREO, Sweden
Marc Sune, i2CAT, Barcelona, Spain
Vincenzo Suraci, Univ. La Sapienza, Roma, Italy
Attila Takacs, Ericsson Hungary
Mallik Tatipamula, Ericsson
Steve Uhlig, Queen Mary University of London, UK
Luca Veltri, Univ. of Parma / CNIT, Parma, Italy
-- 
*******************************************************************
Stefano Salsano
Dipartimento Ingegneria Elettronica
Universita' di Roma "Tor Vergata"
Via del Politecnico, 1 - 00133 Roma - ITALY

http://netgroup.uniroma2.it/Stefano_Salsano/

E-mail  : [email-masked]
Cell.   : +39 320 4307310
Office  : (Tel.) +39 06 72597770  (Fax.) +39 06 72597435
*******************************************************************