Subject: [Sdn] [CFP] IEEE LANMAN 2015 - Due in two days

From: Yuan He <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 23:33:33 +0800

*2015 IEEE International Workshop on Local and Metropolitan Area Networks
(LANMAN)*

*Beijing, April 22-24, 2015*

*Call for Papers*

IEEE LANMAN has an established tradition as a forum for presenting and
discussing the latest technical advances in local and metropolitan area
networking. Continuing that tradition, IEEE LANMAN 2015 invites
cutting-edge papers spanning both theory and experimentation. Papers are
solicited in all areas of networking, but in keeping with the current
research trend, this workshop’s central theme is *Software Defined
Datacenters*. The intimate single-track session format of the workshop
encourages stimulating exchanges between researchers. The workshop is
expected to be a forum for discussion of new and interdisciplinary ideas on
architectures, service models, pricing, and performance. Speculative and
potentially transformative ideas are particularly encouraged, as are
studies reporting measurements from real-life networks and testbeds. Papers
are solicited on any LANMAN topic including, but not limited to, the
following:

   - Novel data center network architectures
   - Software defined data center networks
   - Data center network virtualization
   - Name-to-name communications and name-based abstractions
   - Energy-efficiency in data centers
   - Routing and transport protocols in data center networks
   - Data center network pricing
   - Resource allocation in data center networks
   - Performance measurement and modeling of data centers
   - Inter-data center network issues
   - Reliable data center networks
   - Machine-to-machine communications
   - Access networks for densely located users
   - Broadband wireless access, including WiMAX, LTE
   - WiFi: roaming services, architectures, and performance
   - Metropolitan and residential networks and architectures including
   Ethernet in the first mile, EPONs, FTTx, etc.
   - Network management related to edge networks
   - Heterogeneous wireless and ad-hoc networks
   - Local-area and metropolitan-area network security
   - LAN-based and MAN-based applications (gaming, distributed computing,
   media distribution to and in the home, enterprise applications, ambient
   technology, wearable-computing)
   - Impact of sensors everywhere including homes

IEEE LANMAN 2015 solicits paper submissions of Regular Papers (up to 6
pages) and Short Papers (up to 2 pages). The short papers will be presented
in a poster session. Also, some of regular paper submissions may be
accepted as short papers by the TPC. The page limits include all figures,
tables, and references. All papers must be electronically submitted in PDF
according to the guidelines in the workshop website
http://www.ieee-lanman.org. The proceedings will be submitted for inclusion
to IEEE Xplore. Best Paper Award will be given to the paper(s) with
the highest technical merit. The paper submission site is
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lanman2015.

All IEEE LANMAN 2015 technical papers and posters must be associated with
an author registration at the full rate. For authors presenting multiple
papers/posters, one full registration is valid for up to three
papers/posters. IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper/poster from
distribution after the workshop (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if the
paper/poster is not presented at the workshop.

Important dates:
*Paper Submission:                    **Feb 22 (11:59pm EDT), 2015, Sunday*
Acceptance Notification:           Mar 15, 2015, Sunday
Camera-ready Submission:     Mar 31, 2015, Tuesday

Committees

General Chairs

Dan Li
<http://www.tsinghua.edu.cn/publish/csen/4623/2010/20101225163855518778544/20101225163855518778544_.html>,
Tsinghua University, E-mail: [email-masked]

Suresh Subramaniam <http://www.seas.gwu.edu/~suresh>, George Washington
University, E-mail: [email-masked]

TPC Chairs

Nicola Blefari Melazzi, University of Rome, Tor Vergata, E-mail:
[email-masked]

Vishal Misra, Columbia University, E-mail: [email-masked]

Publicity Chair

Yuan He <http://www.greenorbs.org/people/heyuan/>, Tsinghua University,
Email: [email-masked]

Publications Chair

Dan Pei, Tsinghua University, Email: [email-masked]

Web Chair

Tian Song, Beijing Institute of Technology, E-mail: [email-masked]

Steering Committee

Jack Brassil, HP Labs, Princeton, USA
Maria Papadopouli, University of Crete, Crete, Greece
K.K. Ramakrishnan, University of California Riverside, USA
George Rouskas, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, USA
Kobus Van der Merwe, University of Utah, USA