Subject: [Sdn] CFP (extended DL: June 30) :: SDWN 2015: 2nd International Conference on Software Defined and Virtualized Future Wireless Networks

From: Christian Esteve Rothenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 13:42:06 -0300

Apologies for any duplicates. --Christian

### SDWN15 :: CALL FOR PAPERS ###

SDWN 2015: 2nd International Conference on Software Defined and
Virtualized Future Wireless Networks
Oct 26-27, 2015. Rome, Italy

Co-located with the IOT360 Summit. Endorsed by the European Alliance
for Innovation (EAI). http://iot-360.eu/2015/
Paper Submission Deadline: June 30, 2015

** Included in the Springer-LNICST and other indexing services **
http://sdnforwireless.org/2015/

SCOPE
=======================================

While the past few decades have witnessed the rapid growth in mobile
and wireless networks, numerous problems and challenges become
increasingly serious, such as heterogeneous wireless networks,
spectrum scarcity, smooth evolving and fast deployment, technologies
innovations, QoS and QoE support, etc. Traditional mobile and wireless
network technologies can hardly overcome these challenges.
Software-Defined Networking (SDN), an innovative paradigm, has become
one of the hottest topics in wired and wireless networking. SDN
advocates an effective separation of control plane and data planes,
providing new abstractions to both planes exposed through programmatic
interfaces. However, many challenges towards the realization of
Software-Defined Wireless Networks (SDWN) are still open, including
the end-to-end architecture, design and implementation of programmable
and virtualized wireless technologies, software defining strategies,
etc. At the same time, cloud computing and network virtualization are
considered as a promising way that benefits future wireless networks,
such as using the cloud computing resource pool providing powerful
computing capability to implement the baseband data processing of
wireless communication. However, how to design, customize, and utilize
the virtualization and cloud computing technologies targeted for the
wireless networks are still open problems.

Against this background, Software-Defined and Virtualized Future
Wireless Network is a new conference that aims to explore the new
design space, the new challenges and solutions, as well as new
applications and services of software-defined virtualized future
mobile and wireless networks. The goal of the conference is to solicit
original and inspiring research contributions from technology experts,
designers, researchers, and architects in academia and industry.
Bringing together practitioners and researchers to share knowledge,
experiences, and best practices.

TOPICS
=======================================

Topics of interests include, but are not limited to:
* New end-to-end mobile and wireless network architecture based on
SDWN, cloud computing, and virtualization technologies
* Cloud computing and network virtualization technologies for RAN,
backhaul and core networks
* Software-defined and abstracting strategies for network function and
air interface technologies in future wireless networks, including 5G
* Integration of SDNs with access networks and Evolved Packet Core,
including support for services such as handover
* Network Functions Virtualisation (NFV) & SDN applications and use cases
* QoS/E and traffic-awareness in SDWN
* Network management, monitoring and security as northbound APIs inSDWN
* Dynamic resource allocation in future wireless networks
* Immersive collaborative future wireless media
* Network evaluations and testbeds

PUBLICATION
=======================================

Papers will be published by Springer, LNICST. The proceedings are also
submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google
Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering
Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library
(EUDL).
Selected papers will be published also in the EAI Endorsed
Transactions on Cloud Systems.

Highlights
* The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a
leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of
innovation in the field of ICT and will be co-located with the IOT360
Summit;
* Participation in this event will give attendees the unique
opportunity to be exposed to all technical scientific aspects of IoT
related topic areas at co-located conferences, as well as be able to
have full access to the IoT marketplace and business aspects in
practice at the IOT 360 Summit.
* All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available
through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest
scientific libraries. Best papers will be invited to publish also in
the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Cloud Systems.

PAPER SUBMISSION
=======================================

Authors are invited to submit technical papers presenting original,
unpublished research, not currently under review elsewhere. All
submissions should be written in English with a maximum length of 8
pages, including all figures, tables, and references, in the PDF
format. Paper submissions must follow the SPRINGER formatting
guidelines. Please refer to the Author's kit section for formatting
and templates (http://sdnforwireless.org/2015/show/authors-kit).

IMPORTANT DATES
=======================================
Submission deadline (extended!): June 30, 2015
Author notification: July 25, 2015
Camera-ready deadline: August 25, 2015
Start of Conference: October 26, 2015

STEERING AND ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
=======================================
Steering Committee Chair: Imrich Chlamtac, Create-Net, Italy
General Chair: Bruno Astuto, GE Global Research Center , Brazil

Technical Program Chair: Christian Esteve Rothenberg, UNICAMP, Brazil

Publicity Chair: Mateus Silva Santos, UNICAMP, Brazil
Conference Manager: Kristina Lukacova, European Alliance for
Innovation, Slovakia

PROGRAM COMMITTEE (confirmed so far)
=======================================

Athanasios V. Vasilakos, University of Western Macedonia, Greece
Giancarlo Fortino, University of Calabria, Italy
Giuseppe Carella, TU Berlin, Germany
Hui Ni, Huawei, USA
Jose F. de Rezende, UFRJ, Brazil
Junaid Qadir, National NUST, Pakistan
Luis M. Contreras, Telefónica I+D, Spain
Mateus Silva Santos, Ericsson Research, Brazil
Miguel Elias M. Campista, UFRJ, Brazil
Roberto Riggio, Create-Net, Italy
Thomas Magedanz, Fraunhofer FOKUS, Germany
Wolfgang Kellerer,  TU München, Germany
Xiaobo Long, Goldman Sachs, USA
Xin Wu, Big Switch, USA