Subject: [Sdn] Scholarships for the Master of Engineering (ME) in Software Defined Networking at Victoria University of Wellington, NZ

From: Winston Seah <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 19:16:53 +1200

The School of Engineering and Computer Science is offering two full-time 
Master scholarships (domestic tuition fees plus a 1-year stipend of 
NZ$20,000) to excellent candidates to work on the following topics:

i) "Performance Evaluation and Analytical Modelling of SDN and 
OpenFlow-based Networks and Systems". The successful candidate is 
expected to have a good foundation in theoretical performance analysis 
techniques, viz., queuing theory. Knowledge of common network simulation 
platforms (e.g. OmNet++, QualNet, etc) would be advantageous. He/she 
will also have the opportunity to spend time in Kyoto University, Japan, 
to work with world leading experts in performance analysis.

ii) "Traffic classification in Enterprise Networks using Software 
Defined Networking". The successful candidate is expected to have a good 
fundamental knowledge of networking and strong hands-on skills required 
to validate his/her research results on a real network testbed. 
Knowledge of traffic classification techniques for supporting quality of 
service in the Internet would be given preferential consideration.

Interested applicants, please contact Professor Winston Seah at 
[email-masked], attaching your transcripts, publications 
list, and CV. If you are suitable, you will then be provided with the 
information on how to apply for admission into our ME degree programme.

-- 
Winston Seah, Dr.Eng., SMIEEE, MACM
  Professor of Network Engineering
   Postgraduate Research Coordinator
    School of Engineering and Computer Science
     Victoria University of Wellington
      P.O. Box 600, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
       URL: https://ecs.victoria.ac.nz/Main/WinstonSeah
        Email: [email-masked]
         Phone: +64 4 463 5233 (ext: 8493)
          Fax: +64 4 463 5045