Subject: [Sdn] CFP: 11th International Conference on Queueing Theory, and Network Applications, December 13-15, Wellington, New Zealand

From: Winston Seah <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 10:13:24 +1200

SDN has enabled experimentation of new networking techniques in real 
live networks, so much so that we notice comparatively lesser focus on 
more fundamental performance analysis of SDN/OF based networks. We hope 
that there are some among us in the SDNRG who would be interested in 
this aspect, and consider submitting their work to this conference 
(details below.)

We will also be organizing poster/short/industry/experience paper 
sessions for you to present your work-in-progress, new ideas, 
preliminary results, etc. Keep a lookout for the announcement and also 
on our conference website.

Hope to see you in Wellington (NZ), the coolest little capital in the world.

========================================================

        11th International Conference on Queueing Theory
                 and Network Applications
                   December 13-15, 2016
                 Wellington, New Zealand
                    (www.qtna2016.org)

========================================================

Submission Deadline - September 15, 2016

The QTNA2016 conference will be held in Wellington, December 13-15, 
2016. The conference is organized by Victoria University of Wellington 
(VUW), New Zealand.

The QTNA2016 conference aims to promote the knowledge and the 
development of high-quality research on queueing theory, its 
applications in networks and other related fields, and also emerging 
areas in networking that can potentially benefit from queueing analysis. 
It brings together researchers, scientists and practitioners from the 
world and offers an open forum to share the latest important research 
accomplishments and challenging problems in the area of queueing theory 
and network applications. The conference will cover all the key topics 
in queueing theory, communication networks and other emerging areas in 
networking.

Authors of selected papers from QTNA2016 will be invited to submit the 
extended version of their papers to two special issues of two 
ISI-indexed journals: Annals of Operations Research and Journal of 
Industrial and Management Optimization (JIMO).

General Chairs
Winston Seah, Victoria University New Zealand
Yutaka Takahashi, Kyoto University Japan

TPC Co-Chairs - Queueing Theory
        Stefanka Chukova, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
        Shoji Kasahara, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan

TPC Co-Chairs - Network Applications
        Peter Chong, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
        Hwee Pink Tan, Singapore Management University, Singapore

The main topics are (but not limited to):

Queueing Theory and Related Areas
• Matrix analytic methods
• Queueing analysis of scheduling policies
• Tail asymptotic in queueing models
• Large deviation theory
• Analysis of multi-class queueing networks
• Optimization of queueing systems
• Simulation of queueing models
• Capacity planning methods
• Source modelling for multi-media traffic and web-based applications
• Traffic measurement and data analysis
• Algorithms for self-organized optimization
• Performance evaluation and simulation tools
• Queueing analysis in cloud service
• Queues in healthcare system
• Queues in cloud computing

Network Applications
• Internet of Things
• Software Defined Networking
• Performance modelling and analysis of telecommunication networks
• Networks for disaster response and recovery
• Traffic management and routing
• Design and system management of communication networks
• Multimedia based systems design, configuration and impact
• Cost benefit analysis and economic impact of telecommunication systems
• Mobile/wireless and satellite communication systems
• Traffic models of voice, video and streaming
• Simulation and experimental validation of networks
• Ad-hoc and sensor networks
• Peer-to-peer communication
• Autonomic and ambient networks

Submission Deadline - September 15, 2016
Notification Date - October 20, 2016
Camera Ready - November 10, 2016