Subject: Re: [seamoby] Micromobility Problem Statement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:19:34 -0600

with zero deployment time on fast hand off how can we make an accurate assesment
of what it does and does not solve?  IMHO if it is not solving the problem at
the edge
of the Internet like we propose in seamoby its probably broken.

-pdn

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 09:22:25 -0800 (PST)

> 
> 
> with zero deployment time on fast hand off how can we make an accurate
> assesment of what it does and does not solve? 
It certainly is closer to deployment than our current non-specified proposal,
right? :)

Seriously, what is needed is not deployment, but careful definition of the
problem statement, *then* requirements. At that point, any possible solution
can be matched up against any requirements and evaluated.

> IMHO if it is not solving the
> problem at the edge

It is on the edge of the Internet.

PatC