Subject: [seamoby] SeaMoby list is sloooowwww

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 08:39:20 -0600

I find the sluggishness of the SeaMoby list almost unbearable.  In the "heat
of combat" (scholarly debate), I often find my train of thought derailed by an
inability to react to thoughts and rebuttals on this list.  I hereby raise a
formal
protest to Pat R. Calhoun (aka PatC++) to fix this deficiency in the list.
Other than the sluggishness the actual content on the diameter site etc.,
has been extremely well done by Pat.  Don't take it personally Pat, but your
listserv SUCKS!  The one running at Nortel spews messages almost
immediately, HOWEVER THAT ONE DROPS MESSAGES!!!!  Its 2001 and
we can't get listserv to work?  Yikes....

-Flippant Neumiller

---

From: "Gary Kenward" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:14:49 -0500

Hmmm. Maybe we shouldn't move the list to the diameter server.

I think the messages to the Nortel server are lost during handoff.
Stop moving!

Gary

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 9:39 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; Kenward, Gary [WDLN2:AN10:EXCH]
> Subject: [seamoby] SeaMoby list is sloooowwww
> 
> 
> 
>

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:43:03 -0800

If you have a list server, please go ahead and take over the list, archiving, etc.
I just did a test, and my message was posted in less than 4 minutes. Not sure
what you mean by slugishness.... perhaps yesterday was particularly bad, but with
5 lists being hosted on one site...

PatC