Subject: [seamoby] RE: problem statement and rechartering (was: Re: The right protoc ol was RE: [seamoby-mm] ietf-seamoby-mm-pr oblem-00-a1.txt)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:01:45 +0200

Hi all,

> The problems you described above are already handled today, 
> and even more so with the fast handoff work. HOWEVER, some 
> discussions we've had on handoff in the network (edge) being 
> related to AR/AP capabilities is not a Mobile IP
> thing, so there are certainly some differences there.

As the editor of the micromobility problem statement draft, 
I strongly encourage everyone to get to me the problem
statements, which is NOT covered by Mobile IP / Fast Handoffs.

Also, I do believe that there could be room to discuss what
enhancements would be needed to Mobile IP to enable 
Seamless Mobility (if you think Mobile IP would be a
solution).

Anyhow, it would be very helpful if everyone at least 
read the fast handoff draft.

best regards,
John