Subject: [seamoby] Seamoby and SPAM

From: Patrice Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 05:31:11 -0800 (PST)

Well, Dave yesterday entertained us with "I could go to JAIL for selling this
CD!", and yes he should (and even for just spamming):) 

In any case, this brings up another point. Some of my lists restrict postings
from list members. This can be quite a pain for people who sent e-mail from an
address that is different from their subscribed address. However, it does
benefit the rest of the community from receiving spam.

Should I implement such a policy on all seamoby related lists?

Thanks,

PatC

---

From: "La Monte Henry Piggy Yarroll" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:53:51 -0600

Yes, please.

-- 
"Of course, every once in a while you think you're going home and you 
 find yourself instead in a strange bar kneeling in front of a plate 
 of bugs."					NIC Handle LY

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 01:52:12 +0100

Pat,

   Is it possible to permit postings where either the From: or
Reply-To: fields match a list member?  That would work out better
for me than limiting it to the From: field only.

   Best,
      Henrik

On Tuesday 30 January 2001 14:31, Patrice Calhoun wrote:
> Well, Dave yesterday entertained us with "I could go to JAIL for selling
> this CD!", and yes he should (and even for just spamming):)
>
> In any case, this brings up another point. Some of my lists restrict
> postings from list members. This can be quite a pain for people who sent
> e-mail from an address that is different from their subscribed address.
> However, it does benefit the rest of the community from receiving spam.
>