Subject: [seamoby] A CNP perspective on context transfer.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:07:02 -0600

The contract bidding analogy is very applicable to context transfer.  Consider
the following.

A CONTRACT between an AP/AR pair may be established by a process of mutual
selection based on a two way transfer of context.  Handover candidates
(contractors)
evaluate hand over requests made by handover sources.  The candidates then
submit bids on those parts of contracts for which they are suited.  The bids
contain
the parts of the contract that can be handled by both parties.  The handover
source
can then take the best bid from its perspective and assign the handover in a
locally
optimal manner.  This scales to the globe.

I believe the transport mechanism we put in place for context transfer should
support this pattern.  The semantics of payload are interpreted by the local
mobility manager (micro-mobility) not the transport mechanism itself.

Thanks,

Phil

---

From: "Dana L. Blair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 08:04:48 -0500

>mobility manager (micro-mobility) not the transport mechanism itself.

This is an interesting discussion for the context transfer design team.  I tend to
agree that there should be something like this as part of the context transfer mechanism,
and a mobility solution (micro, macro, ...) could use this to allow the Mobile Node to
make the "best" handoff decision.

thanks,
Dana