Subject: [seamoby] Context Transfer and Paging

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:13:35 -0800 (PST)

All,

After having some discussions with our Area Directors, and given the state of
the paging and context transfer problem statements, we received the OK to
continue with the requirements phase for both of these problem areas. Please
note, however, that we have not received the OK from the IESG, but we are
allowed to continue the work. The caveat being that if we are told to NOT work
in one of the two areas, we will simply publish what we have as a current
snapshot.

As far as MM is concerned, I believe that we need another revision of the ID,
and I need to sit down with our ADs at the next IETF.

Now we need to decide how to begin the work. I personally did like the
progress that was made through the design teams, but I have heard a few
comments about the use of design teams, so we have the following options:

1. have a free for all, and allow anyone to submit requirements IDs to the WG
(as 
   personal contribution) and work from there.

2. Assign an editor for each area, allow people to send text to the editor.

3. Re-use design teams, with an editor for each area, and allow the teams to
work 
   to get the job done. Design teams typically involve lots of e-mail, as well
as 
   conference calls.

I, personally, MUCH prefer #3 (above), since it seems to be the way work gets
done quickest. All design teams, btw, are open to anyone, and advertised on
our web page.

So, any arguments AGAINST option 3?

Thanks,

PatC