Subject: [seamoby] Single sentence problem statements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 14:24:25 -0600

The SeaMoby chartered problems stated in single sentences.

Micro-mobility Problem Statement
======================================================================
To avoid extraneous latency and signalling overhead caused by
MIP, a light weight micro-mobility protocol running on the edges
of the global Internet is required for handovers that do not
require an updated MIP COA.

Context Transfer Problem Statement
======================================================================
To preserve the MN context during handover, a reliable mechanism to
transfer and negotiate MN connection/micro-flow state is required.

Paging Problem Statement (1 sentence)
======================================================================
Most of today's wireless systems use link layer methods for paging,
however, it is desired to create a layer 3 IP-based method to
notify a MN of a network event requiring the MN's attention.

The single sentence exercise has a nice Occam's razor effect of simplifying this
stuff.
Please let me know if these are adequate or what you would change.  I would
encourage
others to try and reduce the problem statements to a single sentence.  Maybe
then we
could build an optimized synthesized single statement problem statement or
perhaps
a power paragraph?

---

From: James Kempf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 14:27:16 -0800

Phil,

The paging group is in the process of finalizing a draft with the paging 
problem
statement. The group has discussed the issues involved in paging in
some amount of detail. If you would like to contribute comments on the
draft, I can send you a copy. Unfortunately, your statement does not
capture the whole picture.

Thanx for the suggestion.

                 jak

---

From: "Andrew T. Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 23:07:58 -0500

I like these. Short and to the point.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 3:24 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [seamoby] Single sentence problem statements
>
>
>
>