Subject: [seamoby] draft-ietf-seamoby-mm-problem-00.txt

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:14:37 -0800 (PST)

All,

First I would like to thank the MM design team for their great work in putting
together the draft before the I-D deadline.

First, I believe that we all agree that a problem statement should not step
into the solution space, and as hard as it was for the design team to stay on
task, they did a great job. The I-D as-is does require another round of
editing, and I would ask that people send explicit requests to the list of
what they would like to see in the I-D.

While this is being done, the ADs have authorized the WG to work on
requirements. So a new section in the problem statement I-D will include
requirements (which means the I-D will probably need a new name). Once
completed, Mobile IP will be evaluated against the requirements. Mobile IP is
a valid protocol, and not one to be ignored. Whether or not it is satifactory
as an MM protocol will be known once the evaluation is complete.

Of course, the requirements need to be justified. Any requirement in the I-D
will require a justification statement.

Comments?

PatC