Subject: [seamoby] RE: MM requirements (was: IRTF mm problem statement)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 09:33:18 +0300

Hi Madjid,

> Well, what is the status?? until a few days ago, it was not
> clear whether is on the charter or not.

The current problem statement:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-seamoby-mm-problem-01.txt

Has recieved no comments on it since before the 50th IETF meeting.
Should we go to last call, or should we let it die?  I have 
asked this several times, and noone has given me an answer.

The proposed SeaMoby Charter has this item in it:

Jul 01  Submit Handoff Candidate Discovery Problem Statement

This topic is seperate from the above problem statement.

Now, does anyone have any preferences on how to procede?

John

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 06:29:17 -0700

> asked this several times, and noone has given me an answer.

My appologies. The document was very useful in the creation of the
new charter, and the work that moved to the IRTF, however it cannot
move forward as it is.

> Now, does anyone have any preferences on how to procede?

I would like for the work to begin, but was waiting for IESG
approval. I have heard that there are really good chances that
the charter will be approved, so we could probably start working 
on this work item.

Perhaps one way to start is to extract from the MM problem statement
all of the text that has to do with the above, and create a new
problem statement. 

Would you be wiling to start the effort given that you already have
the nroff source of the MM problem statement?

Thanks,

PatC