Subject: RE: [seamoby] work that "needs" to get done and where

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 15:00:00 +0300

Hi Jim,

> does this inclue an IP RAN gateway for mm? in your mind john?

While I might know what you are asking, can you expand on it?
What would the gateway do?

Thanks,
John

---

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 22:55:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hi John,

> What would the gateway do?

If we moved to FULL IP.  Then there will be a transition period. Part of
that will be to take the bearer handoff services from that implementation
to Mobile IP.  During the transition there could be use for Gateways
between the bearer and IP.  Just thinking MM will be most complex and to
perform at this point.  The Mobile Terminals and infrasture will not
change all at once. A RAN gateway may assist the deployment of MM.

thanks
/jim