Subject: RE: [seamoby] Seamoby Charter Last Call

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 15:27:52 +0300

Hi Pat,

Some comments:

> During the fast handoff discussions within the Mobile IP WG, a need for a
new
> protocol was identified that would allow state information to be
transferred
> between edge devices (e.g. Foreign Agents).

The above statement is too IPv4 centric.  There has been some work 
about context transfer on going for MIPv6 for over a year, so I 
suggest we remove the 'foreign agents' text.

> Examples of state information that could need to be transferred ...

The above sentence is rather awkward, how about:

'Examples of state information that could be transferred ...'

 - or - 

'Examples of state information that could be useful to transfer ...'

One small nit:

> The Working Group will coordinate closely with the aaa, cnrp, 
> impp, mobileip, pilc, and rohc working groups. 

We discussed long ago how CNRP fits into SeaMoby, and I think
we agreed it did not, so let's drop it from the charter.

Otherwise, a fine job,

John

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 06:31:31 -0700

> suggest we remove the 'foreign agents' text.

I agree.

> 'Examples of state information that could be useful to transfer ...'

ok, I will fix that sentence up.

> we agreed it did not, so let's drop it from the charter.

you are right, and I missed that one.

PatC