Subject: [seamoby] I-D ACTION:draft-guri-seamoby-lahap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 07:07:05 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Layer-2 aided mobility independent dormant host 
                          alerting protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Gurivireddy, B. Sarikaya, A. Krywaniuk
	Filename	: draft-guri-seamoby-lahap-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 19-Sep-01
	
This document introduces a new paging protocol nick-named
LAHAP, which makes use of layer 2 triggers to anticipate
events related to paging in layer 2. LAHAP uses the
architectural entities defined in RFC 3154 to support dormant
mode in hosts connected to the Internet. LAHAP is not dependent
on any mobility protocol. Tracking agent keeps track of the
paging area of the HOST using layer 2 triggers. Dormant
monitoring agent intercepts the traffic for the node and queries
tracking agent for the last registered paging area. Dormant
monitoring agent asks paging agent to page the host. The paging
is done in the paging areas if available and on the subnet. The
host deregisters its paging registration after entering into the
active mode.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guri-seamoby-lahap-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-guri-seamoby-lahap-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-guri-seamoby-lahap-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.