Subject: [seamoby] Reminder on DMHA (Paging) Deadline

From: James Kempf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 15:58:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks,

Next. Fri. (Sept. 14) is the deadline for DMHA (Paging) protocol proposals.
So far, I believe we have three active proposals and one 
proposal just for dynamic paging area allocation (which is not actually
part of the DMHA protocol itself). 

As a reminder, the proposals MUST be accompanied by a comparison between
the proposal and requirements. If one proposal meets all the requirements,
then that proposal is selected. If no  proposal meets all the requirements
or multiple proposals do, then we will need to go through a design
phase.

		jak

---

From: Claude Castelluccia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 08:55:36 +0200

> part of the DMHA protocol itself).

Hello James,

You are right that  DPAC is not a DMHA protocol but it is
an answer to requirement 4.18 (Flexibility of Paging
Area Design).

It would be nice that each proposal shows how it can support DPAC...
We believe that this is a very important requirement and one of the main
motivation fior L3 paging...

regards,
Claude.

" 4.18.   Flexibility of Paging Area Design

   The IP paging protocol MUST be flexible in the support of different
   types of paging areas.  Examples are fixed paging areas, where a
   fixed set of bases stations belong to the paging area for all Hosts,
   and customized paging areas, where the set of base stations is
   customized for each Host."

--

----------------------------------------
Claude CASTELLUCCIA, INRIA Rhone-Alpes
ph:  +33 4.76.61.52.15 (fax: 52.52)
http://www.inrialpes.fr/planete/