Subject: [seamoby] Looking for volunteers - paging

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:34:27 -0700

All,

As previously discussed, all of the paging drafts have been submitted, and
an evaluation of these protocols is required. Jim and I would like to solicit
some non-biased volunteers to create an Internet-Draft that includes a 
comparison of each protocol against the requirements (using the comparison
material submitted - and validating the comparison data).

Any volunteers, please send an e-mail to Jim and I. We need to have some
volunteers by mid next week, and will pick one volunteer per submitted
protocol.

Thanks,

PatC

---

From: Marco Liebsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 18:16:03 +0200

Hi,
we might be biased since we submitted a draft, but we try to produce a document
summarizing and comparing the proposals anyway. When it's in a reasonable shape,
we will submit it and you can see it as 'additional' input for the comparison
process, if you want.

Marco

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 13:48:45 -0400

Ramjee Ramachandran from Lucent had a nice presentation on
IP Paging Architectures
at IPCN01, a conference that was held in May 2001 in Paris.
I would recommend anybody involved in this effort at least take a look at this
presentation.
  I just checked at www.upperside.fr the ppt file is only longer available for pay.
  Ram would probably offer it upon request.

Regards,

--
Behcet

---

From: Theo Pagtzis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 10:14:26 +0100

Hi Pat/James,

Does that imply only people that have written such type of draft or
anybody. If it is anybody I would not mind looking and comparing the
protocols proposed.

Cheers

Theo

UCL/ Mobile Systems