Subject: [seamoby] CT Req Last Call comment, part 2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:08:37 +0300

Hi all,

A small nit:

4.13 The context information provided for transfer MUST be reliable.

   The context to be transferred must not only be readily available for
   transfer, but the sending AR must ensure that the information is sound.
   
   The context transfer solution may provide mechanisms to support reliable
   transfer of context, but the effectiveness of context transfer in
enhancing
   handover between ARs would very likely be compromised by attempts to 
   transfer malformed context.

-> this requirement may not really be needed (I don't think there is any
realistic way to enforce this & I don't quite imagine that any entity
will want to transfer malformed context.  Any malform context which
is transfered is most likely due to problems (software bugs, etc).

This is a minor nit & I won't loose any sleep if we do leave this in.

John

---

From: Nakhjiri Madjid-MNAKHJI1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:20:24 -0500

I agree with John here, if you are transferring context, you want to get
it right. At this point without going into specifics of various features,
this requirement does not add any information.

Madjid

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 4:09 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [seamoby] CT Req Last Call comment, part 2

Hi all,

A small nit:

   

John