Subject: [seamoby] RFC 3154 on Paging Requirements

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:14:48 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3154

        Title:	    Requirements and Functional Architecture for an IP
                    Host Alerting Protocol
        Author(s):  J. Kempf, C. Castelluccia, P. Mutaf, N. Nakajima,
                    Y. Ohba, R. Ramjee, Y. Saifullah, B. Sarikaya,
                    X. Xu
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       August 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 31534
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-seamoby-paging-requirements-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3154.txt

This document develops an architecture and a set of requirements
needed to support alerting of hosts that are in dormant mode.  The
architecture and requirements are designed to guide development of
an IP protocol for alerting dormant IP mobile hosts, commonly called
paging.

This document is a product of the Context Transfer, Handoff Candidate
discovery and Dormant Mode Host Alerting Working Group of the of the
IETF. 

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.