Subject: [seamoby] Last Call Comments on CAR Discovery, Part 4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:08:42 +0300

Hi all,

A general comment on CAR Discovery.  I think some text needs to be
added about CAR filtering.  For example, in the cellular world,
one may be somewhere where several service providers have potential
base stations where handoffs could occur.  Usually, when roaming,
one does not perform inter-operator handoffs unless certain 
criteria are met, such as the current service provider's
signal strength falls below a certain level.

I think that in the problem statement, some mention of this 
kind of problem should be addressed.  If needed, I could provide
a paragraph or two on it.

John

---

From: "Eunsoo Shim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:18:34 -0700

Hi,

It's a good point.
It will often be the case that All CAR information is not needed for every
mobile node.
I think we should differentiate two things: CAR discovery by access routers
and retrieval/advertisement of the information by/to mobile nodes.
I'd like to say it is better for each access router to collect all the
information as it can.
However transmission of the information to mobile nodes over air interface
should be filtered out intelligently to save bandwidth, etc.
Thanks.

Eunsoo

---

From: James Kempf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:35:22 -0700 (PDT)

This sounds like a requirement to me. Not sure if the
problem statement is the right place for that...
  
                 jak

> > a paragraph or two on it.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals.
http://personals.yahoo.com

---

From: "Eunsoo Shim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:08:21 -0700

Right. I agree with you.

Eunsoo

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
To: "Eunsoo Shim" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Richard D. Gitlin" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: [seamoby] Last Call Comments on CAR Discovery, Part 4