Subject: [Seamoby] Yokohama Meeting?

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 18:21:12 -0700

Currently, we have two documents with the IESG (CT Problem Statement and
CT Requirements), one document that is undergoing revision as the result
of preliminary IESG comments from Allision (CARD Problem Statement), and
one document that is undergoing revision as a result of WG Last Call
comments (CARD Requirements). According to the editors, the revisions of
the CARD Problem Statement and Requirements are expected to be completed
in the next couple weeks, so we should have ample time to do a WG last
call before the cutoff date for documents.

The CT Problem Statement and Requirements are apparently going to take
more work, since there appears to be substantial reservations by the
IESG about them. Given that we do not yet have approval to start the
protocol selection process, Pat and I don't think there is enough time
before Yokohama to complete resolving IESG reservations and completing
protocol selection.

We thus have nothing to discuss in Yokohama unless somebody has some
other suggestions. In order for people to be able to arrange their
travel plans early, Pat and I would like to suggest that Seamoby not
meet in Yokohama.

Comments?

            jak

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 19:02:08 -0700

Hello James,

I think we ought to find out what the IESG thinks is wrong with
the documents, and discuss the problems.

If the working group meeting is scheduled and not needed,
then it can be cancelled.  If the meeting is needed but not
scheduled, then it will be far more difficult to organize a
reasonable meeting time that is suitable for the participants.

Regards,
Charlie P.

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 19:35:09 -0700

Charlie,

> the documents, and discuss the problems.

We will do that in any case. The issue is whether we need to do it at a
face to face meeting or if we can do it over the mailing list. If we can
manage to get a consolidated statement of the problems out of the IESG
prior to the meeting, I suspect the discussion will probably start on
the mailing list.

> reasonable meeting time that is suitable for the participants.

The difficulty is with travel arrangements. If we schedule a meeting and
cancel it at the last minute, people who are only coming to Japan for
Seamoby will be left with expensive airline tickets and hotel
reservations that they cannot use. A couple of members have already
asked about this.

Any other strong opinions on this?

            jak

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 19:35:09 -0700

Charlie,

            jak

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 19:02:08 -0700

Hello James,

Regards,
Charlie P.

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 16:39:53 -0700

Hello Jim,

we should try to get what the issues are from IESG as soon
as possible and begin discussion. We can then discuss the
outstanding issues at the meeting.

Regards,

-Rajeev

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 16:39:53 -0700

Hello Jim,

Regards,

-Rajeev