Subject: [Seamoby] Using CARD to find CARs with roaming agreement with my ISP?

From: Jon-Olov Vatn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 23:43:34 +0100

Hi!

Would it be feasible to use CARD to find out whether a CAR
is likely to give me Internet access (in advance of a handoff)?
The case I am interested in is when a customer is about to
perform a handoff and would like to know the set of CARs that
are either run by his/her ISP or by an ISP with a roaming
agreement with his/her ISP.

I was reading the draft "Issues in candidate access router
discovery for seamless IP-level handoffs", 
(draft-ietf-seamoby-cardiscovery-issues-04.txt)
but this case was not mentioned in list with sample scenarios
for CARD motivation.

BW J-O

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: "Eunsoo Shim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:42:43 -0500

I think it is certainly possible.
Account requirements or ownership can be attributes of the CARs.
Regards,

Eunsoo

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jon-Olov Vatn" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 5:43 PM
Subject: [Seamoby] Using CARD to find CARs with roaming agreement with my
ISP?

Hi!

BW J-O