Subject: [Seamoby] CTP - a few comments on draft-ietf-seamoby-ctp-05...

From: Lucian Suciu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:07:26 +0100

Hi All,

I put below a few comments on draft-ietf-seamoby-ctp-05, both editorial 
and technical.

Editorial:

    In section 2.5.2 Context Transfer Activate Acknowledge (CTAA) Message:

        Reserved     Reserved for future use. Must be set to zero by the MN.
            >>could be changed with>>
        Must be set to zero by the sender of CTAA Message, i.e. pAR or nAR.

    In 2.5.3 Context Transfer Data (CTD) Message:

        A reliability flag, 'R'
            >>could be changed with>>
        An acknowlwdgement flag 'A'

        ...indicates whether a reply is required by nAR.
            >>could be changed with>>
        ...indicates whether a reply is required by pAR.

        Reserved   Reserved for future use.  Must be set to zero by the MN.
            >>could be changed with>>
        Must be set to zero by the pAR.

        Perhaps move here the description of 'Elapsed Time' which exists 
in section 3...

    In section 2.5.4  Context Transfer Data Reply (CTDR) Message

        Reserved   Reserved for future use.  Must be set to zero by the MN.
            >>could be changed with>>
        Must be set to zero by the nAR.

    In 2.5.5  Context Transfer Cancel (CTC) Message

        Reserved   Reserved for future use.  Must be set to zero by the MN.
            >>could be changed with>>
        Must be set to zero by the nAR.

    In 2.5.6 Context Transfer Request (CT Request) Message

        Reserved   Reserved for future use.  Must be set to zero by the MN.
            >>could be changed with>>
        Must be set to zero by the nAR.

Technical:

    Can we steal two bits from 'Researved' "area" and use them for a 'V' 
flag
    within the Context Transfer Activate Acknowledge (CTAA) Message?
    The same thing for Context Transfer Cancel (CTC) Message...

    Is the 'A' flag within CTD Message linked in some way to 'A' flag 
within CTAR Message?
    E.g., if the MN has set the 'A' to '1' in CTAR, then the pAR should 
(or must) also set the 'A' to '1' within the CTD Message?
    However, the definition for 'A' flag is the same in both messages... 
(i.e., "the MN requests an acknowledgement"??).

    Furthermore, does an 'A' flag within the CT Request Message sound 
totally inappropriate for the time being
    (i.e., it might be in relation to the 'A' flag received by the nAR 
within CTAR Message)?

Thank you.

Have a good day,

Lucian Suciu

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:56:50 +0200

Hi,