Subject: [Seamoby] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-seamoby-card-protocol-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:27:07 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Context Transfer, Handoff Candidate Discovery, and Dormant Mode Host Alerting Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Candidate Access Router Discovery
	Author(s)	: M. Liebsch
	Filename	: draft-ietf-seamoby-card-protocol-05.txt
	Pages		: 47
	Date		: 2003-11-20
	
To enable seamless IP-layer handover of a mobile node (MN) from one
access router (AR) to another, the MN is required to discover the
identities of candidate ARs (CARs) for handover, along with their
capabilities, prior to the initiation of the IP-layer handover. The
act of discovery of CARs has two aspects to it: Identifying the IP
addresses of the CARs and finding the capabilities of those CARs.
This process is called 'candidate access router discovery' (CARD).
At the time of IP-layer handover, that CAR, whose capabilities is a
good match to the preferences of the MN, may be chosen as the target
AR for handover. The protocol described in this document allows a
mobile node to perform CARD.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-seamoby-card-protocol-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-seamoby-card-protocol-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-seamoby-card-protocol-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.