Subject: [Seamoby] CFP : Global Internet and Next Generation Networks Symposium

From: Arup Acharya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:30:52 -0500

GLOBAL INTERNET & NEXT GENERATION NETWORKS SYMPOSIUM 
                                        at
                                IEEE GLOBECOM 2004
                                Dallas, Texas
                                29 Novemeber - 3 December, 2004

                        http://www.globecom2004.org/
                Sponsored by IEEE Communications Society
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        CALL FOR PAPERS

Global Internet & Next-Generation Networks Symposium, one of seven 
symposia at 2004 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM 2004), 
provides an open forum for researchers, engineers and academia to exchange 
the latest technical information and research findings on Internet & 
Next-Generation Networking concepts,  technologies, and applications 
covering existing deployments, current  developments and future evolution. 
 Internet & Next-Generation Networks have progressed into the realm of 
optical communications-based, wireless, and mobility-enabled networks 
supporting  multimedia applications and services.  This  evolution opens a 
huge area of innovation for  new concepts, theory and technology 
introduction.

Authors are invited to submit papers on topics related to Internet and 
Next-generation Networks including but not limited to:
 
-       Network Support for Applications (e.g., Instant Messaging, 
Peer-to-Peer 
        Networking, Streaming Applications)
 
-       Mobile/Wireless Networking (802.11, Ad-Hoc Networks, WPAN, 3G and 
Beyond) 

-       Networking Aspects of Grid Computing 

-       Storage Area Networks (e.g. ISCSI) 

-       Web Architectures (e.g., Content Distribution Networks, Load 
Balancing, Caching) 

-       IP Services and Supporting Technologies (VoIP, VPN, Traffic 
Engineering, MPLS, 
        GMPLS, QoS, Optical Networking) 

-       Internet Architecture and Protocols (Intra/Inter-Domain Routing, 
Multicast, 
        Flow Control, Security and  Robustness, Next-Generation 
Architectures, IPv6) 
 
-       Network Operations and Management Innovations 

-       Traffic Measurement, Analysis, Modeling and Visualization 

-       Integration of Heterogeneous Systems (WLAN/Cellular, 
Wireless/Optical, 
        Satellite/Cellular, etc.) 

-       Home Networking and Broadband Access Technologies

Important Dates 
------------------------
        Full Paper Due : March 1, 2004 (hard deadline)
        Globecom 2004  : 29 November - 3 December, 2004

Submission Instructions 
-------------------------------------

Submissions should describe original work (not submitted or published 
elsewhere) and should clearly indicate Global Internet & Next-Generation 
Networks Symposium. 

Please see the GLOBECOM 2004 website http://www.globecom2004.org for 
detailed instructions. 

Co-chairs
---------------
        Arup Acharya (IBM Research, USA) [email-masked]
        Yuguang Michael Fang (Univ. of Florida, USA) [email-masked]
        G.S. Kuo (National Chengchi Univ., Taiwan) [email-masked] 

Program Committee
------------------------------
        http://www.globecom2004.org/gingns.html

______________________________________
Arup Acharya
Networking Software and Services
IBM  T J Watson Research Center
Ph : +1 914 784 7481
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/a/arup/
_______________________________________