Subject: RE: [Seamoby] CTP and CARD Drafts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:16:09 +0200

James,

> I spoke with Allison and Thomas Narten this week about the Seamoby drafts.
> The CTP draft is currently undergoing review by the ROHC WG. 

Just out of curiosity, what is the ROHC WG reviewing CTP for?  

> The CARD draft has undergone IESG review. The following list contains the 
> issues and a suggested resolution.

Was the list just for CARD?

John

_______________________________________________
Seamoby mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/seamoby

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 00:30:14 -0800

> Just out of curiosity, what is the ROHC WG reviewing CTP for?

I believe the intent is to get input from a potential customer of CTP, and
header compression context has always been a top potential customer.

> Was the list just for CARD?

The only point that specifically applied to CTP as well was the ICMP type
code point. The solution I worked out with Thomas and Allison was one type
code for both protocols, and a separate draft requesting IANA allocation.

I suspect we might see similar comments from the Security ADs about CTP,
since the level of detail in the security design for CTP is approximately
the same as for CARD. I suggest we wait until they've had a chance to review
it first, however, unless I my dialog with them about CARD suggests that
they would be happy with a similar solution.

            jak