Subject: [SECMECH] Generally Usable Authentication Mechanisms

From: "Salowey, Joe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:54:32 -0700

Generally Usable Authentication Mechanisms

We have several frameworks (EAP, GSS-API and SASL) that provide access
to multiple security mechanisms.  Each of these frameworks have
developed to focus on different environments and has strengths in
different areas, however at the core they are trying to reach the same
goal of authentication and cryptographic context establishment.  We
should be able to develop a mechanisms once as a generally useful
mechanism and have it work in any of these frameworks.  The requirements
for a generally useful mechanisms are a superset of the requirements of
the individual frameworks.  I have tried to collect some of these ideas
and requirements in draft-salowey-guam-00.txt.  

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salowey-guam-00.txt

Comments on this approach?

Thanks,

Joe

_______________________________________________
SECMECH mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secmech