Subject: ssh2 public key problems

From: Irena N Tuzla-Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:52:49 -0500

Hello all,

I am running SSH on our SPARC Solaris servers -- everything works
perfect (ssh-1.2.26 and ssh-2.4.0).

I just installed ssh-2.1.0 and ssh-1.2.31 on a LINUX (Mandrake) box.
From the linux box I can connect to any server. The problem is that I am
not able to connect from the other systems to this LINUX box (with both
ssh versions). Here is the error:

## trying with ssh1
$ ssh1 -v seoul      
SSH Version 1.2.31 [i686-unknown-linux], protocol version 1.5.
Standard version.  Does not use RSAREF.
deva: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config
deva: ssh_connect: getuid 501 geteuid 0 anon 0
deva: Connecting to seoul [192.108.106.28] port 22.
deva: Allocated local port 1018.
deva: Connection established.
deva: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version 2.1.0 SSH
Secure Shell (non-commercial)
deva: Waiting for server public key.
Sorry, you are not allowed to connect.

# trying with ssh2
$ ssh2 -v haifa
debug: hostname is 'haifa'.
debug: Unable to open /home/irena/.ssh2/ssh2_config
debug: connecting to haifa...
debug: entering event loop
debug: ssh_client_wrap: creating transport protocol
debug:
SshAuthMethodClient/sshauthmethodc.c:117/ssh_client_authentication_initialize:
Added "publickey" to usable methods.
debug:
SshAuthMethodClient/sshauthmethodc.c:117/ssh_client_authentication_initialize:
Added "password" to usable methods.
debug: Ssh2Client/sshclient.c:1142/ssh_client_wrap: creating userauth
protocol
debug: Ssh2Common/sshcommon.c:502/ssh_common_wrap: local ip =
192.108.106.235, local port = 3378
debug: Ssh2Common/sshcommon.c:504/ssh_common_wrap: remote ip =
192.108.106.34, remote port = 22
debug: SshConnection/sshconn.c:1866/ssh_conn_wrap: Wrapping...
debug: Ssh2Transport/trcommon.c:599/ssh_tr_input_version: Remote
version: SSH-1.
99-2.1.0 SSH Secure Shell (non-commercial)
debug: Ssh2Transport/trcommon.c:734/ssh_tr_input_version: Remote version
has hostbased service name draft incompatibility bug.
debug: Ssh2Transport/trcommon.c:738/ssh_tr_input_version: Remote version
has publickey session_id encoding draft incompatibility bug.
debug: Ssh2Transport/trcommon.c:742/ssh_tr_input_version: Remote version
has malformed signatures draft incompatibility bug.
debug: Ssh2Transport/trcommon.c:746/ssh_tr_input_version: Remote version
uses deprecated disconnect codes.
debug: Ssh2Transport/trcommon.c:782/ssh_tr_input_version: Remote version
uses 16 byte key with SHA-1.
debug: Ssh2Transport/trcommon.c:1120/ssh_tr_negotiate: c_to_s: cipher
3des-cbc, mac hmac-md5, compression none
debug: Ssh2Transport/trcommon.c:1123/ssh_tr_negotiate: s_to_c: cipher
3des-cbc, mac hmac-md5, compression none
debug: Ssh2Client/sshclient.c:406/keycheck_key_match: Host key found
from database.
debug: Ssh2Common/sshcommon.c:306/ssh_common_special: Received
SSH_CROSS_STARTUP packet from connection protocol.
debug: Ssh2Common/sshcommon.c:356/ssh_common_special: Received
SSH_CROSS_ALGORITHMS packet from connection protocol.
debug: Unable to open /home/irena/.ssh2/identification
debug: Ssh2AuthClient/sshauthc.c:309/ssh_authc_completion_proc: Method
'publick
Thay' disabled.
debug: Ssh2AuthPasswdClient/authc-passwd.c:92/ssh_client_auth_passwd:
Starting password query...
irena's password: 
debug: Ssh2AuthPasswdClient/authc-passwd.c:92/ssh_client_auth_passwd:
Starting password query...
irena's password: 
debug: Ssh2AuthPasswdClient/authc-passwd.c:92/ssh_client_auth_passwd:
Starting password query...
irena's password: 
debug: Ssh2Common/sshcommon.c:137/ssh_common_disconnect: DISCONNECT
received: No further authentication methods available.
warning: Authentication failed.
debug: Ssh2/ssh2.c:85/client_disconnect: locally_generated = TRUE
Disconnected; no more authentication methods available (No further
authentication methods available.).
debug: uninitializing event loop

Could someone help me to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Irena

--
Unix Systems Administrator
School of Mathematics
Institute for Advanced Study