Subject: Re: closing a channel

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:20:08 -0500

This is your (grumpy) working group chair speaking.

So, like, guys, we had this last call which ended about two weeks ago.
We've already handed off the core protocol documents to the next stage
in the process.

Denis Bider's proposed change looks nice, but it missed the deadline,
and, as I read it, it just makes minor clarifications to the wording.
This is *not* a showstopper; we can wait for later to fix it (when the
documents come around again for Draft Standard status).

				- Bill

---

From: "denis bider" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 20:44:09 +0100

> Denis Bider's proposed change looks nice,
> but it missed the deadline, and, as I read
> it, it just makes minor clarifications to
> the wording. This is *not* a showstopper;
> we can wait for later to fix it (when the

I think that's OK, we just have to remember to fix the document at that
point. As long as we have some consensus on what exactly EOF is supposed to
mean, and as long as the clarification is going to get in eventually, all is
well.

Thanks for your note.

---

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:37:37 -0500

> mean, and as long as the clarification is going to get in eventually, all is

I've started a list of "nits for next time".  Your suggested text is
part of the first entry.

					- Bill