Subject: Clarification : Implicit server authentication

From: Dan Davidson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 12:45:11 +0200

Hi,

	Apologies for the following, maybe trivial, question, however I
would appreciate
some help in understanding the following point in the SSH Transport
Protocol.

The draft mentions:
	"Server authentication in the key exchange MAY be implicit"

What is do the authors mean by "implicit server authentication" ?
How does this reflect on the behavior of the server and the client ?

Thanks for the help and best regards,
Dan

---

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 13:24:09 -0400

> How does this reflect on the behavior of the server and the client ?

I believe this is a hedge to allow for protocols like Kerberos or
meta-protocols like GSSAPI to be involved in the key exchange stage.

						- Bill