Subject: Java, JCE and OpenSSH

From: Manik Surtani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 17:47:16 +0100

Hello, all.

Firstly, sorry for the cross-posting...

Has anyone out there tried to use JCE (1.2.1, with JDK1.3.1) to create a 
Diffie Hellman key using the group1 prime modulus and base generator, 
and then pass on the public key to an OpenSSH (v3.1) server as a part of 
the diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 key exchange?

For some reason, the ssh server rejects the key saying it is invalid ...

I have successfully MANUALLY implemented this (by using the prime 
modulus p, the base generator g, and a large random number r, using the 
DH algorithm specified in the SSH 2.0 IETF paper), and the public key I 
generate here is accepted by the SSH server.  Why is it then, that the 
JCE implementation of the DH keygen algorithm, produces keys that are 
not accepted?

Has anyone else experienced this?  Am I doing something stupid?

Help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
-- 
Manik Surtani
Conchango
'Innovative Change in Business'

T 44 (0) 1784 221829
M 44 (0) 7786 702 706
E [email-masked]

http://www.conchango.com

The information contained in this message is confidential and is
intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us as soon as possible. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is forbidden.

_____________________________________________________________________
This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.