Subject: Secure Shell: WG Meeting Summary

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 04:59:37 -0400

Summary of IETF57 Secure Shell WG meeting.

The actual meeting was short, mostly largely of document status
updates.  Attendance was very light.  There was brief discussion of
open issues with several of the documents.  One document is now in the
IESG's hands: draft-ietf-secsh-dns-04.txt (SSH key fingerprints in
DNS).  The core draft update to resolve IESG issues missed publication
deadline for this meeting, but editing is now done and the documents
should reappear shortly.  This will hopefully break the logjam and get
the rest of the documents moving.

There are few open issues at present -- mostly editorial nits.

Starting with this IETF, the AD has requested that I list the actions
expected before the next IETF meeting (November 9-14, 2003, in
Minneapolis).

Expected within next month:			  [responsible party]
	Creation of issue tracking database for the WG.	 [chair]

	core drafts reissued with revised sec-cons	 [moffat]

	draft-ietf-secsh-dh-group-exchange-04.txt	 [provos/friedl]
		reissued with nit fixed		         [provos/friedl]
		to AD for IETF-wide Last Call		 [chair]

	core drafts back to IESG review.		 [chair]
	
	Completion of WG last call period on
		draft-ietf-secsh-gsskeyex-06.txt	 [jhutz]
		draft-ietf-secsh-auth-kbdinteract-05.txt [cusack/forssen]

Expected before next IETF:

	Reissue of extensions drafts with WG chair's nits fixed, and
	run WG last call:

		draft-ietf-secsh-break-00.txt		 [galbraith/remaker]
		draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-04.txt	 [galbraith]	
		draft-ietf-secsh-fingerprint-01.txt	 [friedl]
		draft-ietf-secsh-publickeyfile-03.txt	 [galbraith]

	Discussion and resolution of technical issues with extension drafts:

		draft-ietf-secsh-agent-01		 [lehtinen]

			Issue: moving keys to root agent vs. moving
			requests to keys.

		draft-ietf-secsh-newmodes-00.txt 	 [kohno]

			Issue: Tweak/prune algorithm list?

	Discussion of whether to accept individual submissions as WG items:

		draft-galb-secsh-publickey-subsystem-01.txt [mcclure]

---

From: Markus Friedl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:59:01 +0200

hi, FYI:  support for these drafts is included in recent OpenSSH
snapshots, if you want to test interoperability and other problems...

> draft-ietf-secsh-dns-04.txt
> [...]
> draft-ietf-secsh-newmodes-00.txt

-m