Subject: Re: Certificate authentication

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 21:54:12 +1300

Derek Fawcus <[email-masked]> writes:

>Well I'm actually for the simple approach at the moment:
>   rip all text referring to certificates from the current draft.

I could live with that.  That seems to be the de facto profile for certs at
the moment anyway.

Peter.

---

From: Derek Fawcus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 09:21:21 +0000

> I could live with that.  That seems to be the de facto profile for certs at

Yeah.  Then if we (WG) ever get our act together wrt certificates,  we can
produce a new draft specific to cert. use...

DF

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:09:38 +0000 (GMT)

> produce a new draft specific to cert. use...

There are lots of people in the Grid community using SSH with 
certificates using the GSI GSSAPI interface. This route has the advantage
that it doesn't need any further specification ...

Simon.