Subject: IETF62 Secure Shell (secsh) WG session summary

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:15:53 -0600

Secure Shell (secsh) WG Session Summary
IETF62.  10 March 2005.

The Secure Shell WG met briefly on thursday.

The meeting opened with an edict from Russ Housley to move the 
documents forward promptly.  They've been stuck at the IESG review 
stage for approximately 18 months due to a series of blocking issues.

The most recent blocking issue (since approximately October of last
year) relates to the handling of trademark references from IETF
documents, which was left underspecified by RFC3667.  The IESG
referred this question to the IPR working group.

Russ stated that if revised documents are not ready for IESG review by
six weeks from today, he would be forced to restart the AD review and
IETF-wide last-call process.  However, also said that we should
proceed with revised documents under the assumption that the in-room
consensus on trademark references in IPR on monday would stand.

Several other extensions documents are waiting for revised drafts to
be submitted at present; others have expired.  

Revised milestones were discussed and will be submitted shortly.
Several previous milestones (relating to the ssh-agent and x.509 were
dropped due to lack of interested editors.