Subject: MP3 audio streaming for IETF 62

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 14:04:19 -0600

FYI, for folks who not in Minneapolis who want to listen in,
all meeting rooms here are equipped to stream audio in MP3 format.

We will be meeting starting at 13:00 CST (19:00 GMT) on Thursday, March 10th.

The audio is one-way, but feedback can be made through the Jabber/XMPP 
chat rooms:

	http://www.xmpp.org/ietf-chat.html

Feedback through xmpp on audio quality ("Use the !$@#@# mike") as well as
on the technical content of the meeting is appropriate.

					- Bill
-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: MP3 audio streaming for IETF 62
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 06:04:33 -0800

Just to recap:

IETF 62 inagurates a new streaming effort. Instead of covering only two
rooms it is our intention to cover all eight. Instead of multicast video
delivery, unicast audio-only. It is our hope that this new effort will
provide more useful timely and accessible access to the proceedings of the
IETF as they happen. An internet draft decribing what the effort is 
intended to do, and the efforts up to this point is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaeggli-ietftv-ng-00.txt

Streams are delivered as 64Kb/s unicast-http-streamed mp3 audio, a popular 
and relativly standard way to deliver internet radio. Most platforms 
should have a client immediatly available (windows media player, 
quicktime, real, winamp, vlc, mplayer, zinf etc) capable of playing back 
the stream.

Information on getting access to the streams is available from the
webpage located at:

http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf62.html

Streaming begins March 7th 0900 CST 1500 GMT

Regards
Joel Jaeggli

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       [email-masked] 
GPG Key Fingerprint:     5C6E 0104 BAF0 40B0 5BD3 C38B F000 35AB B67F 56B2

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf