Subject: Core IDs

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:25:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi Folks,

I've updated the IDs per instructions and have submitted them to the ID
Editor.

Items of Note:

- xml2rfc does not like sections after the authors addresses; it changes
them into appendixes.  I've placed a note there to tell the RFC Editor
that this will need to be changed.  Unless someone can hack up the xml2rfc
tcl it will probably be done manually in the Authors-48.

- Tables and paragraphs are currently not kept closely together - another
somthing to be worked on in xml2rfc.  As the headers of the documents will
change from ID format to RFC format, it's not worth doing at this time.
The RFC Editor or I will review to close up tables and remove orphan
lines before publication.

- We have one ID reference for sasl-saslprep in [USERAUTH].  That ID is in
the RFC Editors queue already so it should have an RFC number assigned to
it before these IDs are considered.  Either the RFC Editor or I will make
that change before publication.

- I have placed all of the xml sources here:
    http://www.employees.org/~lonvick/secsh-wg/2005-mar-14/
I've created subdirectories for the includes which match how I've been
working on them and how my script works for putting them together
(makeem).  The directories of 'MiscReferences' and 'references' are
populated from xml.resource.org so I didn't duplicate them.

- All of the issues have been resolved in rt ( http://rt.psg.com/ ).
Anyone wishing to view them will need to go to
  https://rt.psg.com/
and login with userid=ietf and passwd=ietf
Select the secsh-wg issues.  It may be easiest to find the ones pertaining
to the core IDs by refining the search to my id ([email-masked]) and
selecting status = resolved.

- I'm going to be real hard to find for the rest of this week (spring
break :) so I wanted to get these out soonest.  If anyone finds problems
in this set please bring it up on the list and I'll address it just as
soon as I get back.

Thanks,
Chris

---

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:36:12 -0500

> in this set please bring it up on the list and I'll address it just as

Excellent.  Thanks for the prompt work.  

						- Bill

---

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:56:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Dang!  I knew I forgot something.  The nit checker
  http://ietf.levkowetz.com/tools/idnits/
shows that I have two lines that are too long; one in [ARCH] and one in
[NUMBERS].  If we need another revision I'll correct that.  If not, I'll
correct it when it gets to the RFC Editor.

I would appreciate it if someone else would run that on the IDs as well.
When I run the checker on my SuSE system, it tells me that [a-z] and [0-9]
are non-ascii characters so I'm ignoring those warnings.  If you find
something, send me the --verbose output and I'll look into it.

Thanks,
Chris

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:10:31 -0500

If this is the only change needed, do not worry.  This can be resolved with 
the RFC Editor.

Russ

---

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:36:14 -0500

> correct it when it gets to the RFC Editor.

no need to respin for this.

> something, send me the --verbose output and I'll look into it.

my run of idnits 1.61 on solaris reported the same without the [a-z] and
[0-9] warnings..

						- Bill

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:04:49 -0500

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]> writes:

    Chris> - We have one ID reference for sasl-saslprep in [USERAUTH].
    Chris> That ID is in the RFC Editors queue already so it should
    Chris> have an RFC number assigned to it before these IDs are
    Chris> considered.  Either the RFC Editor or I will make that
    Chris> change before publication.

That would be RFC 4013.  (It's already published).  No need to respin,
rfc-editor will be happy to deal with this.

---

From: Jon Bright <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:39:05 +0100

Hi,

> tcl it will probably be done manually in the Authors-48.

Having just done this for a respin of the publickey subsystem draft, 
I've found the following seems to produce the desired result (after the 
last </references>:

<note title="Trademark notice">
<t>"ssh" is a registered trademark in the United States and/or other 
countries.</t>
</note>

-- 
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.
http://www.siliconcircus.com