Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:43:14 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Shell Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SSH File Transfer Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Galbraith, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-09.txt
	Pages		: 65
	Date		: 2005-6-13
	
The SSH File Transfer Protocol provides secure file transfer
   functionality over any reliable data stream.  It is the standard file
   transfer protocol for use with the SSH2 protocol.  This document
   describes the file transfer protocol and its interface to the SSH2
   protocol suite.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-09.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: der Mouse <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:49:25 -0400 (EDT)

> A New Internet-Draft is available [...]

> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-09.txt

Most of these are copy-edit suggestions, but there's one semantic
question.

   from the server to the client the client MUST not used unless the
   protocol version is changed or the client has negotiated to received

s/received/receive/.  I'd suggest s/MUST not/MUST NOT/, too.

      Note that some server MAY return SSH_FX_OP_UNSUPPORTED if the

(line 2256).  I'd s/server/&s/ here, or perhaps s/some/the/ instead.

   SSH_FXP_UNBLOCK removes a previously aquired byte-range lock on the

(line 2270).  s/aqu/acqu/

In the description of SSH_FXP_UNBLOCK, at line 2281, I see

   handle
      'handle' on which a SSH_FXP_BLOCK request has previously been
      issued.

This seems to imply that an UNBLOCK is needed for every BLOCK.  Is this
true, or is it needed only for *successful* BLOCKs?  If (as I'd expect)
the latter, I'd suggest s/been issued/succeeded/.

In 9.1.2,

      results are undefined file types other than

(line 3015) s/file/for &/

There is also a blank line missing a few lines later, before
hash-algorithm-list.  The trailing end-of-sentence . is missing at the
end of hash-algorithm-list's description (line 3043).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       [email-masked]
/ \ Email!	     7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39  4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B