Subject: Sftp v6...

From: Joseph Galbraith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:13:23 -0600

Is anyone shipping SFTP v6 yet?

I've realized we have the following bugs in the specification:

   + I removed the valid access mask from the "supported2"
     extension because when opening a file, masking off unsupported
     access just results in requesting no access-- so the server
     has to responisble for doing the mapping.

     However, we still need this information for setting ACLs.

   + We need a way to differentiate between systems that don't
     support ACLs, a file w/o an ACL (all access) and a file
     with an empty ACL (no access)

So if we don't have any one shipping yet, I'll definitely
slip the first one into a quick fix.  I'm still thinking
about the correct fix for the second one, but I think I can
get it out pretty quick to.

If we do having shipping code, I'll have to go for plan b.

Thanks,

Joseph