Subject: IANA protocol registry for secure shell protocol parameters now exists.

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:41:27 -0400

FYI, the IANA registry for Secure Shell protocol parameters has been
created:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/ssh-parameters

						- Bill

---

From: Ben Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:27:03 +0100

>http://www.iana.org/assignments/ssh-parameters

Oh dear.  This reveals several errors in the core drafts that somehow
slipped through (though I'm sure I noticed most of them and even got acks
from the editor).  I'll mail IANA and ask what's to be done.  For reference,
here's the list I'm sending them:

The following entries in the Message Numbers table shouldn't have been
listed in draft-ietf-secsh-assignednumbers-12, since they're in the
method-specific space:

     30   SSH_MSG_KEXDH_INIT                   [SSH-TRANS]
     31   SSH_MSG_KEXDH_REPLY                  [SSH-TRANS]

The following entries in the Message Numbers table shouldn't have been
registered by draft-ietf-secsh-auth-kbdinteract-07 because they're in the
method-specific space:

     60   SSH_MSG_USERAUTH_INFO_REQUEST  [RFC-ietf-secsh-auth-kbdinteract-07.txt]
     61   SSH_MSG_USERAUTH_INFO_RESPONSE

The following entry for the Pseudo-Terminal Encoded Terminal Modes table
provides the correct reference:

     0  TTY_OP_END     Indicates end of options. [SSH-CONNECT, section 8]

The following entry is missing from the Authentication Method Names table,
despite being defined by draft-ietf-secsh-auth-kbdinteract-07:

keyboard-interactive           [RFC-ietf-secsh-auth-kbdinteract-07.txt]

The following entries in the Public Key Algorithm Names table shouldn't
have been mentioned in draft-ietf-secsh-assignednumbers-12, since they're
not mentioned in draft-ietf-secsh-transport-24:

pgp-sign-rsa                     [SSH-TRANS, Section 6.6]
pgp-sign-dss                     [SSH-TRANS, Section 6.6]

-- 
Ben Harris