Subject: [sfc] Call for Papers: Special Issue on "Management of Softwarized Networks" in IEEE TNSM

From: Kohei Shiomoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 15:57:17 +0900

[Apologies, if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]
---------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

Special Issue on "Management of Softwarized Networks"
IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management
  -- http://www.comsoc.org/tnsm/cfp/si-msn --

    * Paper submission date: January 31, 2016
    * Notification of acceptance: April 30, 2016
    * Publication date*: September 1, 2016

Currently, there is a strong interest in both industry and academia in 
the softwarization of telecommunication networks and cloud computing 
infrastructures. This evolution of network softwarization is enabled by 
three paradigms: (i) Software-Defined Networking (SDN), which allows 
network control to be separated from the forwarding plane and allows for 
a flexible management of the network resources, (ii) Network 
Virtualization (NV), which enables virtualization of network resources, 
and (iii) Network Function Virtualization (NFV), which focuses on 
virtualization of software-based network functions. Instead of 
installing and managing dedicated hardware devices for these functions, 
they are instead implemented as software components and deployed on 
commodity hardware infrastructures. There are also ongoing research 
efforts focusing on Software-Defined Clouds, including edge clouds and 
Fog Computing.
In order to efficiently manage softwarized networks and to be able to 
use them to their full potential, there are many interesting challenges 
to be addressed (see the areas listed below).
We welcome submissions addressing the important challenges and 
presenting novel research or experimentation results. Survey papers that 
offer a perspective on related work and identify key challenges for 
future research will be considered as well. We look forward to your 
submissions!

Topics of interest for this special issue, include, but are not limited 
to the following:
    * APIs and management protocols for software programmable networks
    * Management of SDIs (Software-Defined Infrastructures)
    * Virtualization of resources, services and functions in SDN and NFV
    * Management of software-defined datacenters
    * Resource management for SDN or NFV-based systems
    * Efficient management of cloud computing and softwarized edge cloud 
infrastructures
    * Network softwarization for 5G networks
    * Life cycle management of virtual network functions, SFC modeling 
and representation
    * Composition algorithms and automated deployment of Service 
Function Chains (SFCs)
    * Algorithms for efficient orchestration in softwarized networks
    * Dynamic resource scaling and migration of network functions in 
NFV-based systems
    * Efficient network and service monitoring for SDN or NFV
    * Security management for SDN and NFV-based systems
    * Automated configuration and repair of virtualized software-defined 
systems
    * Algorithms for diagnosis and correlation of events in SDN or 
NFV-based systems
    * Availability and resilience of virtualized software-defined systems
    * Debugging and introspection of software-defined virtualized systems
    * Management of federated SDN/NFV infrastructures
    * Detailed experience reports from experimental testbeds
    * Transition strategies from existing networks to SDN/NFV

**Submission guidelines**
All manuscripts and any supplementary material should be submitted 
through the IEEE
ManuscriptCentral service located at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tnsm
Authors must indicate in the submission cover letter that their 
manuscript is intended for the "Management of Softwarized Networks" 
special issue.

We are looking forward to your submissions!

*Guest editors*
    * Raouf Boutaba, University of Waterloo, Canada
    * Prosper Chemouil, Orange Labs, France
    * Filip De Turck, Ghent University-iMinds, Belgium
    * Christian Esteve Rothenberg, University of Campinas, Brazil
    * Kohei Shiomoto, NTT, Japan
    * Minlan Yu, University of Southern California, USA
-- 
Kohei Shiomoto, Ph.D
Senior Manager, Communication Traffic & Service Quality Project
NTT Network Technology Laboratories
NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION
TEL +81-422-59-4402   FAX +81-422-59-6364