Subject: [sfc] #13 (architecture): Sumandra Majee's comments

From: "sfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 13:30:54 -0000

#13: Sumandra Majee's comments

 Following are my comments and we should be able to discuss this before the
 last call.

 1.      4.7 SF liveliness detection:  An inband liveliness also should be
 considered and this control point should be the only recipient of this
 information. In a large distributed system this architecture may have a)
 scalability issues b) issues with reaction time.  If node#1 has the health
 information for node#2 it can (sometimes) independently take local
 decision. This will scale well. Furthermore attributes like latency etc.
 are measured at the local node, and this makes the feedback loop between
 observer and corresponding local control point much shorter.  This is in
 addition to what is described in draft.
 2.      4.8 Monitoring and counters: Yes it is needed, but I am not sure
 this needs to be part of this draft. Either way the list of attributes are
 best incomplete and it will be always be like that. Why bother with this
 section at all.
 3.
 4.      SFC Classification policy entry should be bound to one single
 service
 5.         function chain (or one single SFP)
              The above appears to be unnecessary, if I create a policy
 object I would rather refer it to multiple places. Can you describe a case
 or thought process behind this assertion.

 Regards

 Sumandra

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-sfc-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement              |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                    |  Milestone:
Component:  architecture             |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sfc/trac/ticket/13>
sfc <http://tools.ietf.org/sfc/>

---

From: "sfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 13:31:11 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * owner:  [email-masked] => draft-ietf-sfc-
     [email-masked]
 * component:  architecture => control-plane

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-sfc-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                    |   Milestone:
Component:  control-plane            |     Version:
 Severity:  -                        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sfc/trac/ticket/13#comment:1>
sfc <http://tools.ietf.org/sfc/>