Subject: [sfc] #14 (control-plane): Taeho's Comments

From: "sfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 13:32:42 -0000

#14: Taeho's Comments

 IMHO, for SFC resiliency, the aspect of high availability of SF/SFF should
 be emphasized, including failover of SF.
 Some attributes of SFF(e.g. high capacity) and SF(mandatory/optional)
 could be considered
 for dynamic path selection and connectivity of SFs.
 (http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kang-sfc-dynamic-path-selection/)
 Dynamic path selection of multiple instances of SF can be used for policy-
 based load balancing as well.

 Draft-ww-sfc-control-plane-06 treats resiliency and load balancing,
 and I think these parts could be further extended with support of WG.

 Best Regards,
 Taeho

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-sfc-control-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement              |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                    |  Milestone:
Component:  control-plane            |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sfc/trac/ticket/14>
sfc <http://tools.ietf.org/sfc/>