Subject: [sfc] [Errata Rejected] RFC7498 (5336)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 03:00:39 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC7498,
"Problem Statement for Service Function Chaining".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5336

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Technical

Reported by: Boyuan Yan <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2018-04-26
Rejected by: Martin Vigoureux (IESG)

Section: 3.3

Original Text
-------------
   The SFC encapsulation also carries data-plane metadata that provides
   the ability to exchange information between logical classification
   points and service functions (and vice versa) and between service
   functions.  Metadata is not used as forwarding information to deliver
   packets along the service overlay.

Corrected Text
--------------
   The SFC encapsulation also carries data-plane metadata that provides
   the ability to exchange information between logical classification
   points and service functions (and vice versa) and between service
   functions.  Metadata is used as forwarding information to deliver
   packets along the service overlay.

Notes
-----
Error occurs in the last sentence of 2nd paragraph in Section 3.3. Metadata should be used as forwarding information to deliver packets along the service overlay.
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
SFC Path identification is not part of the metadata.

--------------------------------------
RFC7498 (draft-ietf-sfc-problem-statement-13)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Problem Statement for Service Function Chaining
Publication Date    : April 2015
Author(s)           : P. Quinn, Ed., T. Nadeau, Ed.
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Service Function Chaining
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG