Subject: [sfc] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam-12.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 12:38:08 -0700

Dear All,
the update adds to the discussion in Section 4 of how SFC OAM identified in
NSH. The rules state how the values of O bit and the Next Protocol field
should be set in case of OAM included in TLVs, or as payload immediately
following NSH.
Your comments, questions always welcome and much appreciated.
Also, authors ask the WG Chairs kindly consider WG adoption of this work.

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 12:24 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam-12.txt
To: Bhumip Khasnabish <[email-masked]>, Gregory Mirsky <
[email-masked]>, Wei Meng <[email-masked]>, Cui(Linda) Wang <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam-12.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam
Revision:       12
Title:          Active OAM for Service Function Chains in Networks
Document date:  2018-10-07
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          15
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam-12.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam-12
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wang-sfc-multi-layer-oam-12

Abstract:
   A set of requirements for active Operation, Administration and
   Maintenance (OAM) of Service Function Chains (SFCs) in networks is
   presented.  Based on these requirements an encapsulation of active
   OAM message in SFC and a mechanism to detect and localize defects
   described.  Also, this document updates RFC 8300 in the definition of
   O (OAM) bit in the Network Service Header (NSH) and defines how the
   active OAM message identified in SFC NSH.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat