Subject: [sfc] Martin Duke's No Objection on draft-ietf-sfc-oam-framework-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Martin Duke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 21:27:54 -0700

Martin Duke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sfc-oam-framework-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-oam-framework/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please address the issues in the (detailed!) Tsvarea review, in particular the
bits from section 4 that incorrectly describe the work coming out of IPPM.

Additional nits:

Sec 3.1.1: s/extendibility/extensibility

Sec 3.1.2: there are also “hybrid” methods like IOAM that do not fit the active
and passive definitions neatly.

4.1 s/packet to be of variable length packet size/packet to be of variable
length

4.1 you are probably not trying to “verify” packet reordering and corruption! I
suggest “detect” instead.

6.3 s/is intended to/is intended

6.3 s/in NSH header/in the NSH header

6.4.1 s/describes/describe

6.4.1 s/incrementing the ttl/incrementing ttl

6.4.3 s/using NSH header/using the NSH header

8. s/Any security consideration/Any security considerations

8. Missing period at end of second paragraph

8. s/mechanism/mechanisms

---

From: "Nagendra Kumar Nainar (naikumar)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 20:00:08 +0000

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the comments. Please see inline for the response.

    

    Additional nits:

<Nagendra> Done.

<Nagendra>Does the below modified text looks good?:

OLD
The performance can be a passive measurement by using live
   traffic or can be active measurement by using synthetic probe
   packets

New:
The performance can be a passive measurement by using live
   Traffic, an active measurement by using synthetic probe
   Packets or can be hybrid method that use a combination 
of active and passive measurement.
    
    Length

<Nagendra>Done.

<Nagendra>Yes. We got similar comment from other reviewers as well. We changed this to "detect".

    

    

    
<Nagendra> Addressed all the above comments.

Once again, thanks a lot for the great comments.

Thanks,
Nagendra

---

From: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 19:38:22 -0700

Thanks Nagendra, these changes are great.

Please don't forget the extensive TSVART comments.

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 1:00 PM Nagendra Kumar Nainar (naikumar) <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>     Please refer to
> https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html