Subject: [sfc] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 18:50:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Function Chaining WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) and Congestion Feedback Using the Network Service Header (NSH)
        Authors         : Donald E. Eastlake
                          Bob Briscoe
                          Andrew G. Malis
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-04.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2020-12-06

Abstract:
   Explicit congestion notification (ECN) allows a forwarding element to
   notify downstream devices of the onset of congestion without having
   to drop packets. Coupled with a means to feed information about
   congestion back to upstream nodes, this can improve network
   efficiency through better congestion control, frequently without
   packet drops. This document specifies ECN and congestion feedback
   support within a Service Function Chaining (SFC) architecture domain
   through use of the Network Service Header (NSH, RFC 8300) and IP Flow
   Information Export (IPFIX,
   draft-ietf-tsvwg-tunnel-congestion-feedback).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2020 22:00:21 -0500

Hi,

This revision has a number of minor editorial changes and one technical
change:
      In order to be able to use IPFIX to measure and communicate
congestion per SFC flow requires specifying an IPFIX Information Element
for the SFC Service Path Identifier. This version of the draft includes
that specification.

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 [email-masked]

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 9:52 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

>         Title           : Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) and
> Congestion Feedback Using the Network Service Header (NSH)
> _______________________________________________
> sfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sfc
>