Subject: [sfc] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ao-sfc-oam-path-consistency-09.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 19:28:15 -0800

Dear All,
the authors are glad to welcome Gyan Mishra joining in the work on the
draft.
Also, the use of the new Authentication TLV is now described in the
document. The integrity of the SFF Information Record TLV in the SFC Echo
Reply can be protected using the Authentication TLV.

We always welcome your comments, questions, and suggestions.
The authors believe that the document is ready for adoption by the SFC WG
and greatly appreciate your consideration.

Regards,
Greg (on behalf of the authors)

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 7:21 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ao-sfc-oam-path-consistency-09.txt
To: Zhonghua Chen <[email-masked]>, Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>,
Kent Leung <[email-masked]>, Ting Ao <[email-masked]>, Gyan Mishra <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ao-sfc-oam-path-consistency-09.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ao-sfc-oam-path-consistency
Revision:       09
Title:          SFC OAM for path consistency
Document date:  2020-12-14
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          12
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ao-sfc-oam-path-consistency-09.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ao-sfc-oam-path-consistency/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ao-sfc-oam-path-consistency
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ao-sfc-oam-path-consistency-09
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ao-sfc-oam-path-consistency-09

Abstract:
   Service Function Chain (SFC) defines an ordered set of service
   functions (SFs) to be applied to packets and/or frames and/or flows
   selected due to classification.  SFC Operation, Administration and
   Maintenance can monitor the continuity of the SFC, i.e., that all SFC
   elements are reachable to each other in the downstream direction.
   But SFC OAM must support verification that the order of traversing
   these SFs corresponds to the state defined by the SFC control plane
   or orchestrator, the metric referred to in this document as the path
   consistency of the SFC.  This document defines a new SFC active OAM
   method to support SFC consistency check, i.e., verification that all
   elements of the given SFC are being traversed in the expected order.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat