Subject: [sfc] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ao-sfc-oam-return-path-specified-07.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 19:19:51 -0800

Dear All,
the authors are glad to welcome Gyan Mishra joining in the work on the
draft.
Also, the use of the new Authentication TLV is now described in the
document. The integrity of the Return Path TLV in the SFC Echo Reply can be
protected using the Authentication TLV.

We always welcome your comments, questions, and suggestions.
The authors believe that the document is ready for adoption by the SFC WG
and greatly appreciate your consideration.

Regards,
Greg (on behalf of the authors)

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 7:06 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ao-sfc-oam-return-path-specified-07.txt
To: Zhonghua Chen <[email-masked]>, Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>,
Gyan Mishra <[email-masked]>, Ting Ao <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ao-sfc-oam-return-path-specified-07.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ao-sfc-oam-return-path-specified
Revision:       07
Title:          Controlled Return Path for Service Function Chain (SFC) OAM
Document date:  2020-12-14
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          9
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ao-sfc-oam-return-path-specified-07.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ao-sfc-oam-return-path-specified/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ao-sfc-oam-return-path-specified
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ao-sfc-oam-return-path-specified-07
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ao-sfc-oam-return-path-specified-07

Abstract:
   This document defines an extension to the Service Function Chain
   (SFC) Operation, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) that enables
   control of the Echo Reply return path directing it over a Reverse
   Service Function Path.  Enforcing the specific return path can be
   used to verify the bidirectional connectivity of SFC and increase the
   robustness of SFC OAM.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 19:48:37 -0800

Dear All,
I've made a mistake in describing the use of the Authentication TLV in this
draft. Of course, the Return Path TLV is included in the SFC Echo Request,
not Echo Reply. Sorry for the confusion I might have caused.

Regards,
Greg