Subject: [sfc] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 16:52:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Function Chaining WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Active OAM for Service Function Chaining
        Authors         : Greg Mirsky
                          Wei Meng
                          Bhumip Khasnabish
                          Cui Wang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-09.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2021-02-11

Abstract:
   A set of requirements for active Operation, Administration, and
   Maintenance (OAM) of Service Function Chains (SFCs) in a network is
   presented in this document.  Based on these requirements, an
   encapsulation of active OAM messages in SFC and a mechanism to detect
   and localize defects are described.

   This document updates RFC 8300 in the definition of O (OAM) bit in
   the Network Service Header (NSH) and defines how an active OAM
   message is identified in the NSH.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/