Subject: [sfc] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sfc-proof-of-transit-08.txt> (Proof of Transit) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 10:19:23 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Service Function Chaining WG (sfc)
to consider the following document: - 'Proof of Transit'
  <draft-ietf-sfc-proof-of-transit-08.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-09-28. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Several technologies such as Traffic Engineering (TE), Service
   Function Chaining (SFC), and policy based routing are used to steer
   traffic through a specific, user-defined path.  This document defines
   mechanisms to securely prove that traffic transited a defined path.
   These mechanisms allow to securely verify whether, within a given
   path, all packets traversed all the nodes that they are supposed to
   visit.  This document specifies a data model to enable these
   mechanisms using YANG.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-proof-of-transit/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2937/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3751/