Subject: [sfc] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 14:13:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Function Chaining WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Active OAM for Service Function Chaining
        Authors         : Greg Mirsky
                          Wei Meng
                          Bhumip Khasnabish
                          Ting Ao
                          Kent Leung
                          Gyan Mishra
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-17.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2021-11-26

Abstract:
   A set of requirements for active Operation, Administration, and
   Maintenance (OAM) of Service Function Chains (SFCs) in a network is
   presented in this document.  Based on these requirements, an
   encapsulation of active OAM messages in SFC and a mechanism to detect
   and localize defects are described.

   This document updates RFC 8300.  Particularly, it updates the
   definition of O (OAM) bit in the Network Service Header (NSH) (RFC
   8300) and defines how an active OAM message is identified in the NSH.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-17.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-17

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 08:52:24 -0800

Dear All,
this new version includes updates that address WG LC comments from Dirk,
Donald, Linda, and Frank. We're working on the new Operational
Considerations section and will publish it soon. Your comments, questions,
and suggestions are always welcome and greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Greg (on behalf of the authors)
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 2:13 PM
Subject: [sfc] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sfc-multi-layer-oam-17.txt
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Function Chaining WG of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
sfc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sfc