Subject: [sfc] Intdir telechat review of draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-tlv-09

From: Bob Halley via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2021 14:47:01 -0800

Reviewer: Bob Halley
Review result: Ready

I am an assigned INT directorate reviewer for draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-tlv-09. These
comments were written primarily for the benefit of the Internet Area Directors.
Document editors and shepherd(s) should treat these comments just like they
would treat comments from any other IETF contributors and resolve them along
with any other Last Call comments that have been received. For more details on
the INT Directorate, see https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/intdir/about/
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/intdir/about/>.

Based on my review, if I was on the IESG I would ballot this document as YES.

The following are other issues I found with this document that SHOULD be
corrected before publication:  none

The following are minor issues (typos, misspelling, minor text improvements)
with the document: none

I found the document to be well organized and the metadata contexts to be well
specified.  I agree with the SECDIR last call review by Charlie Kaufman that it
would have been nice to be specific about what to do when bad length values
occur, but am not worried about it as I'd expect an implementation to do
appropriate checking, including bounds checking, and then do something
reasonable (i.e. ignore or reject the packet) if there is a problem.