Subject: [sfc] Future of SFC work

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 14:05:24 -0500

SFC Working Group:

     As part of discussing the OAM elated drafts in SFC, the chairs have 
been looking at the overall working group participation.  We note that 
very few people have spoken up about the issues being discussed.  For 
most recent drafts we have been working to advance, it has been a lot of 
work to get enough comments to justify advancement (and folks could 
argue that we did not succeed.)

     We are considering various alternatives.  We could, for example, 
just close the working group.
One possibility is to recharter the working group to expand the scope. 
There are two related questions that we would like to hear from the 
working group about this.

1) If we were to consider expanding the charter, what things would you 
like to see included in it?

2) If we do recharter will you work on the existing documents, and will 
you engage on documents other than the one or two you personally would 
like to see included?

Thank you,
Joel and Jim

---

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 12:14:03 -0800

Hi Joel, Jim, and All,
though I don't have proposals for re-chartering the WG, I am committed to
continuing working on the drafts I have been involved in and helping with
reviewing the work from other members of the community.

Regards,
Greg

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 11:05 AM Joel M. Halpern <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> sfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sfc
>

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 01:42:20 -0500

I would support and agree with what Greg said for my drafts and those
of others in SFC.

Thanks,
Donald
===============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 2386 Panoramic Circle, Apopka, FL 32703 USA
 [email-masked]

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 3:14 PM Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi Joel, Jim, and All,
> though I don't have proposals for re-chartering the WG, I am committed to continuing working on the drafts I have been involved in and helping with reviewing the work from other members of the community.
>
> Regards,
> Greg
>
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 11:05 AM Joel M. Halpern <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> SFC Working Group:
>>