Subject: Re: [shim6] successful termination?

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 17:24:11 +0200

On 6 apr 2009, at 13:30, Jari Arkko wrote:

> You've sent a lot of good input. How do the people who have not said  
> anything yet feel? Please speak up!

Sorry for the delay.

I think it would be useful for the wg to hang around for a bit, it  
seems there is implementation activity and also IETF work that at  
least overlaps with shim6 somewhat, so having a mailinglist and the  
ability to easily have a slot during IETF meetings if the need arises  
could be helpful. If in another year or so nothing useful happens we  
can always call it quits then.

Other than that, we really need to fix the ingress filtering issue,  
either in this working group or elsewhere.

And see my next message.
_______________________________________________
shim6 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/shim6

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 17:24:11 +0200

Sorry for the delay.

And see my next message.

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 17:23:43 +0200

On 2 apr 2009, at 23:37, Geoff Huston wrote:

> There may be work on Illitsch's proposal to perform a faster  
> algorithm in the failure detection / reachability area (he had a  
> draft on this I recall)

Really? I don't remember that... Must have been a long time ago. If  
anyone has a pointer, please let me know.

> There appears to be interest in multipath TCP, andf the possible  
> coupling of multipath TCP to Shim6

Right. We've applied for a multipath TCP BOF in Stockholm. https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multipathtcp

There are now two drafts under discussion, one that does its own  
address management, and another written by me (co-developed with  
Marcelo) where the multipath changes are only made on the sender. As  
Marcelo explained some time ago, another way to go (which would be a  
natural extension of the one-ended approach) would be to make TCP  
multipath-capable and let shim6 (I guess I should say "Shim6" now)  
handle the addressing.

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 17:23:43 +0200